Where is the Bunny???

Indiana Jones carried a man purse.

Attachments

• Indy.jpg
    Indy.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 2
Would you not call these murses pictured above "messenger bags"? When my son was in college I thought I would try to spruce him up a bit(he likes tattered and un-stylish) and bought him a Tumi messenger bag to replace his shabby backpack(he refused to buy a new one, we sent it back to the factory once to have it refurbished, had to be the same one). The messenger bag in question was black, plain, and masculine or so I thought. You should have seen the horror on his face when I showed it to him, and he blurted out "I'm not carrying a purse!" I gave it to my sister-in-law who was delighted to have it for her laptop.

I get you. My son would probably rather commit hari kari rather than carry a man purse.

Attachments

• Man Purse.jpg
    Man Purse.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 8
Would you not call these murses pictured above "messenger bags"? When my son was in college I thought I would try to spruce him up a bit(he likes tattered and un-stylish) and bought him a Tumi messenger bag to replace his shabby backpack(he refused to buy a new one, we sent it back to the factory once to have it refurbished, had to be the same one). The messenger bag in question was black, plain, and masculine or so I thought. You should have seen the horror on his face when I showed it to him, and he blurted out "I'm not carrying a purse!" I gave it to my sister-in-law who was delighted to have it for her laptop.

That is quite the expensive messenger bag--I'm sure your SIL was thrilled!

I see that Ha still wouldn't share the list of "stuff" that he must have with him at all times. :)

Actually, it is not a bad idea. When we are on travel and exploring a city on foot - mostly in Europe as US cities are not usually not that walkable - we always have a backpack to keep the "stuff". One simply does not "wander" around Phoenix, or LA. It appears Ha likes to wander around Seattle on foot a lot, so it makes perfect sense.

I see that Ha still wouldn't share the list of "stuff" that he must have with him at all times. :)

Actually, it is not a bad idea. When we are on travel and exploring a city on foot - mostly in Europe as US cities are not usually not that walkable - we always have a backpack to keep the "stuff". One simply does not "wander" around Phoenix, or LA. It appears Ha likes to wander around Seattle on foot a lot, so it makes perfect sense.

Same here when traveling from home we carry a backpack. Mainly when we will be away for more than an hr they go in the car. Water, and whatever else we want in it. I thought something like this was standard issue these days.

Good Lord - man up! When we are out and about I have the gal carry my necessaries - you know; hair brush, styling gels, skin moisturizers, nail care items, lip gel, various SPF rating sun protectors. She's got a purse - what's a woman for if not to carry all that stuff?

Ooooooh Purron...Indiana Jones...oh yeah...:cool:

Men have backpacks, satchels, briefcases, etc... If they have all of this stuff available, what would they keep in their pockets? :whistle:

Ooooooh Purron...Indiana Jones...oh yeah...:cool:

Men have backpacks, satchels, briefcases, etc... If they have all of this stuff available, what would they keep in their pockets? :whistle:

In my case, billfold and cellphone and keys. In my pack go umbrella, water bottle, dental hygeine tools, paperback book, Kleenex, sunglasses and reading glasses, small notebook and pen, nuts to snack on, etc!

Ha

In my case, billfold and cellphone and keys. In my pack go umbrella, water bottle, dental hygeine tools, paperback book, Kleenex, sunglasses and reading glasses, small notebook and pen, nuts to snack on, etc!

Ha

Of course an umbrella! After all, it is Seattle. I was going to guess rain gear of some type.

Ha

I had the water , the breath mints ( dental hygiene tools )and if the nuts were from Trader Joe's I may have guessed three of the items and I probably had more but Ha is being discreet . What do I win ?

Ha

In my purse I have wallet and cellphone and keys - - plus sunglasses, hairbrush, medications, dental floss, checkbook and pen, stamps, calling cards from various businesses, coupons, and occasionally one or two mint hard candies. Well, and a small umbrella but only if the chance of rain is very high.

No water bottle, paperback book, Kleenex, notebook, or nuts.

I think you have some interesting ideas of other things that might be handy to carry. I particularly think a notebook and paperback book might be helpful to carry. I'll need a slightly bigger purse to do that.

I love my Rick Steves daypack for going places where I need more than a purse. It is small, light, and doesn't scream backpack. I think someone on this board recommended it for traveling.
Very well made for the price--around $25 IIRC. Also soft enough to be used as a pillow if not filled with books and such.

Back
Top Bottom