Where You Live

FinanceDude said:
Milwaukee Wisconsin. Rich knows the landscape............ :D

Got 11 inches of snow on Friday......too cheap to buy a snowblower, so I WAS the snowblower..............ow!!!

Yeah, I heard a man died in Kenosha or Racine from shoveling snow. BF has shoveled half of the sidewalk--enough for people to walk single-file.

I am in Wisconsin, too, and here are the 10 reasons to live here, per the state government:
http://www.wisconsin.gov/state/core/living_in_wisconsin_top10.html

Central Wisconsin...

No snow Friday but a little dusting today.

Gonzo

I am among those fortunate enough to live in San Diego.

I can't afford to stay here for retirement, though, and plan to move back to my place of origin -- South Texas (from whence Professor now writes). I frankly like San Diego a lot but a house that would cost $200k in Corpus Christi or Harlingen is a million here (depending on proximity to the coast), just not worth it.

My wife and I will probably end up in San Antonio -- great city with lots to do (but miserable heat and humidity in the summer, not to mention the aforementioned fire ants, scorpions, etc.). Corpus and the beach are reasonably close to San Antonio too.

Halfway between Rich and Outtahere. Southeastern MA halfway between Providence and Boston. Back to winter after a very warm fall.

North Central Illinois.....Cornfields & Convicted Governors!!! :D

Right about half way 'tween the Windy City & the Mississippi River!

30 miles to our west got 18" of snow Thursday night/Friday morning....we got about 6-8"......didn't care though.....I was down at the Opryland Hotel in Nashville, TN for all the Christmas shows and festivities!!! :D (the pansies were blooming beautifully down there....still)

Goonie said:
.....I was down at the Opryland Hotel in Nashville, TN for all the Christmas shows and festivities!!! :D (the pansies were blooming beautifully down there....still)

So, did ya view the ice sculptures?

larry said:
So, did ya view the ice sculptures?

Yep, we went there yesterday morning, then hit the Opry Mills food court for a light lunch. We were there 2 years ago, and I thought the ice sculptures were a bit better then......however, that may just be a figment of my imagination! :uglystupid:

All of the ice sculptures were very cool!!! :LOL: But, I think the ones that always look the greatest are the ones in the Nativity!!! Absolutely MAGNIFICENT!!! :D

(also saw Christmas shows by Tim Watson on the "Gen. Jackson" showboat, Pam Tillis' dinner show, the Rockettes, and we went to the Grand Ole Opry 9pm-midnight show downtown @ the Ryman auditorium......a VERY nice weekend!!!!)

Attachments

• smiley-applause.gif
    smiley-applause.gif
    1.3 KB · Views: 110
Santa Clara/Silicon Valley.

I do a lot of outdoor stuff and I'm a weather snob.

NE and Midwest to cold. SE to humid. SW to hot. CA just right.

MB

Golden, BC paragliding capitol of Canada

http://www.flygolden.ca/

no, I'm not a paraglider (but I'm thinking about it). I checked the stats--my motorcycling habit is likely more dangerous.

but, I'm stuck in Kotzebue, Alaska for 89 more days w*rking.

Back
Top Bottom