Where You Live

Danny

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Just the state (or province or far away country) of your being...

If you feel up to it - put a link on that Shows & Tells what it's like there.

Those of you stuck in a warm place this winter - now's the perfect time to visit Minnesota! :)

http://www.exploreminnesota.com/home.html

One of the great things about a winter getaway is the chance to enjoy Minnesota in her winter get-up--sunlight glinting off fresh snow, pine branches frosted with white, waterfalls frozen into shining sculptures. Skiing, snowshoeing, snowmobiling, ice skating, snow shoveling or blowing, even just hiking through the woods gets you into this beautiful scene........We'll save a space in the sauna for you... ;) Unfortunately no real snow yet...maybe by January or February?

Hi Dan--

I live in south Texas in the coastal bend about two hours north of Mexico. Before coming here I lived in the northeast. My god, what a change!!!!! It has been unseasonably cold here--50 degrees during the day and in the mid-30s at night.
I'm absolutely frozen now--when I would have worn a t-shirt that first year. Funny how quickly blood thins!!!!!!!!

I love the palm trees, the gulf and NO SNOW!!!!!!!!!! Can't say I love fire ants, rattle snakes and scorpions, though.

Professor

Professor said:
....fire ants, rattle snakes and scorpions...
Oh my!..... :D
Howdy Professor - Last week I was playing golf - it was around 50 but now the real Minnesota is finally showing her icy face ...12 degrees right now and sinking....not to mention that darn wind chillllll...

Greater Kansas City - the Heartland of America.

Heh heh heh heh heh heh heh - moved a tad inland after Katrina.

Somewhere in Texas.

Professor said:
I love the palm trees, the gulf and NO SNOW!!!!!!!!!! Can't say I love fire ants, rattle snakes and scorpions, though.

The professor forgot tornados, alligators, hurricanes, gila monsters, man eating armadillos, cougars and flying cockroaches the size of RV's.

Leonidas said:
forgot tornados, alligators, hurricanes, gila monsters, man eating armadillos, cougars and flying cockroaches the size of RV's.
Or in Dallas, it's hours long rush hour, crazy wild drivers, drug busts in the suburbs, and of course Mayor Laura

Macungie (that's Mah CUN gee as in "Gee Whiz"), PA...about 50 miles north of Philly. Nice area, 2 hrs from New York City, 3 hrs. from DC, close to the mountains and a few hours from the shore. Very historic area. Beautiful in the summer, but I could do without the winter. My sister wants me to move closer to her when I retire...Portland, Maine! Don't think so!!

http://www.lehighvalleypa.org

Just moved last month from west central Ohio to the northern Georgia/Chattanooga area.

I've always wondered why folks don't list where they live in their profile. I find it interesting to know that from time to time when the subject turns to real estate, lifestyle, cost of living, etc.

At least list your state if you have concerns about privacy.

Cape Cod. 38 degrees and snow rain mix. Winter's here are pretty dismal (from around now till the end of March). We don't really get a Spring and the warm (for us) weather doesn't come until the end of May/June. Nonetheless, a nice place to live (just need a place down south for around five months out of the year!).

Rich

I'm about 70 miles north of Rich on the MA/NH border. It gets a little colder up here but if you like winter sports it a great place to live.

I recently moved from Tampa Bay to the Gulf coast of Mississippi.

In the Hill Country NW of San Antonio.

Since the subject of fire ants, rattlesnakes and scorpions has already been covered, I thought a photo might help give you the flavor of what it's like living here. This a shot of the board members at our last homeowners association meeting. (I'm the one wearing a hat.)

img_452516_0_bf2723062967417f726d30d2ce1d011b.jpg

London Ontario. The centre of the known universe. :D

About 2 hours from Detroit, Toronto or Niagara Falls.

30 minutes to Lake Erie, 60 minutes to Lake Huron, 90 minutes to Lake Ontario.

Surrounded by Class 1 farmland. Generally level, Humid Continental Climate.

Regional auto assembly and parts complex. Ford (Crown Vics), Toyota (Rav 4's 2008), GM (Equinox, Torrent).

I was talking to a guy just yesterday that moved to my good old state of Mississippi from Jamaica. He moved here for a college scholarship. He says he can't wait to move back home because it's too cold here. :LOL:

DOG52 said:
I was talking to a guy just yesterday that moved to my good old state of Mississippi from Jamaica. He moved here for a college scholarship. He says he can't wait to move back home because it's too cold here. :LOL:
:LOL: My mother, who seemed to me at least to keep the house just above freezing, would say- "So, put on a sweater!"

DanTien said:
:LOL: My mother, who seemed to me at least to keep the house just above freezing, would say- "So, put on a sweater!"

I keep telling the DW that.

SW Ohio (greater Dayton area).

AKA The Rust Belt

Vancouver Canada where snow is still a novelty and SAD is a common affliction between Nov 1 and April 1. Where a modest home can be purchased for $585k.

Three mountains offer in city skiing from November through March. Golfing year round as long as you have waterproof shoes (and clothes). Sailing is popular all year round but especially in the summer: April through October.

Pasadena, CA. Nice town. Home of the Rose Bowl, the Rose Parade, some good museums, CALTECH and about 100 restaurants in the 6 square block Old Town area. Snow skiing about an hour drive and kayaking a bit less. Except for the heat/bad air in the summer, it doesn't get any better.

Milwaukee Wisconsin. Rich knows the landscape............ :D

Got 11 inches of snow on Friday......too cheap to buy a snowblower, so I WAS the snowblower..............ow!!!

Eastern Iowa...

Wind chills in the single digits... no snow yet, though... thankfully.

Back
Top Bottom