Wii Wheeee!!

yakers

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
A Wii has arrived at our house and it has had about the impact of an ipod on our activities. DW exercises every day with her Wi friends and the games like tennis and bowling are fun. Also we can connect to the internet or watch other TV while exercising. What fun, wonder how long it will last or if it will become a permanent part of our routine.

DW and I went over to our daughters and the whole family was playing the bowling game. Lots a fun for everyone.

We have had a Wii since Christmas and have had alot of fun with it. We have played the above sports game and have also played the Wii Fit that my DD and her DH have and enjoyed it. We are planning on getting the Wii Fit as soon as Best Buy gets them back in. We have gift certificates to use at Best Buy.

We bought a Wii last year and I kinda expected we would be bored with it by now. But not at all! We still have a lot of fun with it. Right now we are crazy with Rock Band! My wife plays the drum or the guitar and I am the lead singer...

Other than the health improvement programs (and yes, I have and use Wii Fit), there are the less justifiable but oh-so-much-fun games.

If you are in the pay-off-the-mortgage camp, my favorite game "Animal Crossing" is a lot of fun. It's a lot like life, but easier. I really enjoyed paying off my first mortgage in one day. :LOL: You get to fish (there are ALWAYS plenty of fish and they ALWAYS bite), pick apples, gather seashells, and sell all of these things for ridiculously high prices to buy clothing, furniture, and other neat things. I love it - - shopping that doesn't cost me a thing in the real world. And the fishing is very realistic and relaxing after work.

You guys! I didn't know I wanted one. :D I'll try to hold off until the bank offers me one like they gave me an iPod.;)

Another adult Animal Crossing fan! My kids play a bit and we're trying to get it set up so they can "visit" their cousins out of state. In the meantime, I've discovered the relaxation of playing myself. I think it was meant as a kids game, but when I just want some downtime, a pleasant fishing trip is really hitting the spot. Meanwhile I get to exercise my want to FIRE by paying off the mortgage, building up my orchard and finding ways to accumulate cash. Plus I can set up a Mii character that really looks like me. Excellent relaxing time.

PS I've got Pears and Oranges. Anyone want to trade fruit?

Another adult Animal Crossing fan! My kids play a bit and we're trying to get it set up so they can "visit" their cousins out of state. In the meantime, I've discovered the relaxation of playing myself. I think it was meant as a kids game, but when I just want some downtime, a pleasant fishing trip is really hitting the spot. Meanwhile I get to exercise my want to FIRE by paying off the mortgage, building up my orchard and finding ways to accumulate cash. Plus I can set up a Mii character that really looks like me. Excellent relaxing time.

PS I've got Pears and Oranges. Anyone want to trade fruit?
I recently found that all I have to do is write all my animal neighbors, attaching a native fruit to the letter, with the words, "Some fruit, friend?" and often they will send me other fruits by return mail. Doing that once, I now have apples, cherries, pears, and coconuts. :D I will probably try that again later this week to see what I might get.

I paid off all my mortgages, and now have a three story house with a basement. Oh, and a new bridge and fountain for my town.

Last edited:
Oh, I've been sending plenty of mail full of native fruit with slightly different wording based on some internet advice I got elsewhere. Never got any fruit back, though I did get tons of other stuff. Thanks for the idea, I'll try it your way.

Oh, I've been sending plenty of mail full of native fruit with slightly different wording based on some internet advice I got elsewhere. Never got any fruit back, though I did get tons of other stuff. Thanks for the idea, I'll try it your way.

I didn't have any luck either, until I tried that wording. It can't be very long or else they will send furniture. I got three fruits and 7 outfits the very first time when I tried it that way (from my 10 neighbors).

Maybe I'll go do that again right now. My store is upgraded to Nookingtons, and it closes at 9 PM (which it is, now). Then gotta shut it down for the night and do my Wii Fit.

I am still enjoying my Wii Fit after 68 days but it keeps me wanting more. I love the step aerobics and I hope that sometime soon there will be added games to purchase in the Wii store. My DH spends at least 15 hours a week driving Mario Kart and the kids joke that they will have to someday pry it out of his cold dead hands!

Over a year later we are still using the Wii every day. Guitar Hero, Mario Kart and Wii Fit. 2000 Hula hoops on the 10 minute program for a "Calorie Incinerator" score - whoo hoo!

Oddly, while we loved Super Mario on Nintendo 64, we don't really play the Mario Galaxy. It's great, well designed, etc. but it doesn't really use the interactive-ness of the Wii so the other games call more.

I got a Wii last Christmas and I got the Wii Fit this summer. We also have Guitar Hero - and that is a blast.

We've found it great fun when friends come over as folks of all ages love Wii Sports. I've even had good friends call up specifically to schedule some Wii time.

I bought Endless Ocean (Scuba Diving) and that's like having your own Ocean to explore. Fun and relaxing

My mother is 84 and suffering from dementia. She loves the bowling game and beats everyone at it. She can't call up recent memories, but her muscles remember how to bowl.

My mother is 84 and suffering from dementia. She loves the bowling game and beats everyone at it. She can't call up recent memories, but her muscles remember how to bowl.

That's very interesting FurBall. Did she have trouble learning how to use the Wiimote?

No, she picked it right up. Memory is a funny thing. She can go to lunch and not remember she went or with whom, but then she'll say "I did spend $4.19 today. I guess I did go to lunch if that's what you think." Playing the Wii seems to be in the same category as money.

Back
Top Bottom