Wine recommendations

An old thread...but one with the most recent post about wine.

I've been enjoying Mirassou Pinot Noir for a couple of months now. Excellent (IMO) and the cost is around $10.
It is a tasty wine and great price performance for a Pinot Noir? :)

A friend is one of those people who spends more time in the restaurant with the wine list than the menu. I could offer him those five bottles to see if he can find someone willing to give them a good home.

Is there etiquette to giving away "old" wine? Is it simply not done, and should I just pop the corks on all eight of them to really flush out our sewer drain?
Have they been stored upright, out of the sunlight, and in a cool environment? One negative answer means gifting will not end well and dumping is recommended.

Have they been stored upright, out of the sunlight, and in a cool environment? One negative answer means gifting will not end well and dumping is recommended.
Ha! You ask those questions as if I was a wine drinker. Not for years, anyway.

On their side, in the kitchen, in a wicker basket on top of the fridge. In Hawaii. Some of them for as long as 11 years.

Actually the sparkling wine has been sitting upright on top of the fridge, and it's only been there a month. Nobody seems to want it after the New Year's fireworks ends.

So, I'm picking up the impression that they're somewhere between grape juice and vinegar...

So, I'm picking up the impression that they're somewhere between grape juice and vinegar...

I suggest toss the homemade ones, and donate the others to someone who you know likes wine, with a disclaimer that they may be past their prime. Pick a wine drinker whom you know well enough not to take it personally. :D

Even better, pick a LBYM wine drinker, who will appreciate any freebies, even if just one is still drinkable.

Back
Top Bottom