Join Early Retirement Today

work icon
Old 07-24-2002, 06:22 PM   #1
Early-Retirement.org Founder
Developer of FIRECalc

work icon

Dory36

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. Mark Twain
dory36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Re: work icon
Old 07-25-2002, 08:33 PM   #2
Dryer sheet wannabe

Okay, Dory, you are having too much fun here all alone. It gives you too much time to play. We need to scare up some serious posts soon!

Prometheuss

Old 07-27-2002, 02:47 PM   #3
Developer of FIRECalc

Yeah -- but where is everyone?

I'm guessing that the market has driven thoughts of early retirement from many folks' minds...

Dory36

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. Mark Twain
Old 07-27-2002, 07:03 PM   #4
Recycles dryer sheets

Send a message via Yahoo to RedOscar

I have to agree. A lot of people are probably very shell-shocked at the moment; watching their dreams evaporate before their very eyes.

Let's all hope this doesn't get too ugly!

Red
Old 08-13-2002, 06:56 AM   #5
Recycles dryer sheets

Many of us still working slobs have been on vacation. Just got back from mine and, Boy!, do I need a vacation 8)

I will post pictures when I get the time.

Old 08-14-2002, 03:08 PM   #6
Recycles dryer sheets

nmckay over on the TMF REHP board wants to know if your "work icon" is available in "screen saver" format?

intercst
Old 08-16-2002, 04:04 AM   #7
Developer of FIRECalc

Not that I know if. But if nmckay will drag the work icon off the message and onto the desktop, or right click on the icon and save it somewhere, then put the cursor over the desktop, right click, and select "Properties", the Desktop tab becomes visible, and the icon can be set as the background image. Tiled is best -- you see a gazillion little heads banging.

It looks about as annoying as it can be -- appropriate for work!

Dory36

Old 03-30-2003, 03:43 PM   #8
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

As you all contemplate when and how to RE, keep this
in mind. My little rural area had about 25 obits in
today's Sunday paper. Some of the ages were:
62, 57, 42, 56, 63, 48, 24, 54, 59, and 63. If that won't get you moving I don't know what will.