Would you volunteer for this?

No. Not inside my body.

I was bothered enough with having to submit annual bio-metrics (DW as well), and upload Fitbit data to "earn" HSA contributions. There were other flaming hoops to jump through as well. DW and I are both reasonably fit, exercise regularly, and have only minor(controlled) health issues. I just didn't believe we owed mega-Corp our souls in the form of physical data.

I just felt that it was another ceaseless encroachment on our privacy. So, an employer implant? Hell NO!

Nest step:
Those who decline the implanted microchips will have their employee number tattooed on their forearm.

:facepalm:

I would not want to be chipped. I would wonder what other unspoken uses the employer would come up with. Tracking number of bathroom breaks and duration? Tardiness? Can they track you at the mall when you are supposed to be home for sick days?

I guess it would make it easy for them when they fire you, just de-activate the chip so you can't open the door anymore.

Wouldn't even consider it if my job depended on it. It's bad enough that I have a credit card number stolen about every 6 months. At least everyone recognizes what poor "security" companies have to protect those numbers. So you don't lose money when they are stolen usually. For awhile companies will believe in the "secureness" of embedded devices. That is until hackers inevitably break those security measures too. Beyond that issue is a whole privacy issue that would eventually be abused by some. No thanks!

Not just no, but @#$! no!

Sounds even worse than the auto spy box from Progressive Insurance in another recent thread.

There is a reason companies (and governments) want to track everything you do, and it's not because they have your best interests in mind.

Just a sec:

First of all, it's not a GPS - it cannot track you. It's just some passive encrypted data.

The only reason it's "employer" related is this article as the company that makes the technology is offering it to their employees.

How many of you have personal information stored in your cell phone and use it to buy things with Apple Pay, etc. What's the difference?

Ain't no way!

Just a sec:

First of all, it's not a GPS - it cannot track you. It's just some passive encrypted data.

The only reason it's "employer" related is this article as the company that makes the technology is offering it to their employees.

How many of you have personal information stored in your cell phone and use it to buy things with Apple Pay, etc. What's the difference?

It allows the camels nose under the tent for something I can't control, I can always shut my phone off.

Just a sec:

but a network of readers can... while NFC (smartphones) and RFID currently use different tech... its not a long stretch to have smartphone default into reporting locs of nearby chips similar to products such as tilemate (currently using bluetooth).

Nest step:
Those who decline the implanted microchips will have their employee number tattooed on their forearm.

:facepalm:

More likely on forehead.:(

No, because I'm retired. I don't need to get into secured spaces any more, except for my own house which is on a keypad entry.

Nobody has access to some sort of database listing when I come and go. I like that.

No, because I'm retired. I don't need to get into secured spaces any more, except for my own house which is on a keypad entry.

Nobody has access to some sort of database listing when I come and go. I like that.

Do you carry a cellphone? If so, you are being tracked.

Agree though. No chance. And I'm not getting an insurance company plug in for my car till I'm forced. I still feel violated from the urine test required to work at mega or twenty nine years ago.

Just a sec:

Still: NO!

This will rewrite movies such as Diehard where Hans Gruber shoots CEO Joseph Takagi because ol' Joseph won't tell him the combination to get through the doors. Revised script: Hans just cuts off both of Joseph's hands (to make sure he gets the RFID tag in either hand) and then waltzes through all the doors. :dance: :LOL:

Never. I do get into secure places with electronic locks using a key fob that I keep in my pocket. Unless I forget my pants, I'm as certain to have it with me as I am to have my hand. I cannot get to work without pants or the keys to which the electronic fob is attached. I see no benefit to having a chip implanted and lots of downsides (soon to be obsolete technology, risks of even minor surgery, unexpected future medical complications from having a foreign body implanted). I expect enough complications with aging without adding this additional complicating factor.

Three Square Market becomes first US company to offer implanted microchips to all employees - TechRepublic

I think it's coming regardless.

I can't see much of a downside, though, when compared to the advantages for fraud prevention, convenience, etc.

Maybe I would have during my w**king years. At least it seems to serve a useful purpose. Actually seems tame compared to the onslaught of body piercings I see among the younger crowd. so it's probably comparable to getting ears pierced which I once cringed at as barbaric.

Back
Top Bottom