Wrong night to hang around the office

UncleHoney

Full time employment: Posting here.
My niece and her husband hung around the office a little too long this evening. That's her 2007 Honda van and his 2002 red Accord in the parking lot. Nothing like soggy carpets. :( Latham Ny area.

Attachments

• flood 7-1-09.jpg
    flood 7-1-09.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 15
Yikes. How does that saying go, "at the end of the day, no one wishes he'd spent more time at the office." Too bad. Take two aspirin or something and tell us more in the morning.:(

Last edited:
What a mess! :(
We've had record rainfall all this week. That area has gotten the worst of it. More expected today. :nonono:
If niece and hubby don't own a wet/dry shop vac, now is the time to hit the hardware store.

Yeah, we're pushing 30 straight days of rain in sothern NH ... should break by the 4th of July thou.

Good news is we're not seeing nearly the flooding of 4 years ago.

Sorry man. Send some of that down our way.

Be careful what you ask for----Down here in Tampa we needed the rain as we are still on watering restrictions. Yesterday we set a record for the day at 4.75 inches. It had rained every day this week and is pouring as I speak. Next thing you know you'll be fishing in your back yard.

Sorry that this happened to them. We'll take some of the rain, we have had only 2 inches so far this year.

Well the latest report from the flood scene is that both cars run but are wet, muddy and smelly inside. Haven't heard anything about the insurance man yet.

Will be interesting to see what happens.

Well the latest report from the flood scene is that both cars run but are wet, muddy and smelly inside. Haven't heard anything about the insurance man yet.

Will be interesting to see what happens.
The damage to the electronics might total both cars.

Here in San Antonio I think we are at stage 15 water restriction (exaggeration) and it averaged 100 degrees in June (no exaggeration). :mad:

Be careful what you ask for----Down here in Tampa we needed the rain as we are still on watering restrictions. Yesterday we set a record for the day at 4.75 inches. It had rained every day this week and is pouring as I speak. Next thing you know you'll be fishing in your back yard.

We have had a good 6 weeks with out rain, so we are ready. A 60% chance for Monday though. Keeping our fingers crossed.

That is an ouch.. I don't know in that car, but GM cars have the crash/event recorder under the driver seat, on the floor. Which I believe is also the controller for deploying airbags. If that connector/ wiring gets soaked things get expensive. Never mind the the moldy smell.

Hope they got good overtime pay. Or at least some fun.

Back
Top Bottom