2% Savings Account up to $20,000

Sue J

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Ok, so 2% is nothing to get too excited about but it's about double of most online savings accounts.

FreeMONEY(SM) Savings

You earn 2% on up to $20,000 and there are minimal hoops to jump through. You need to link it to one of their free checking accounts but there are no time requirements like for a CD. The FreeMoney e-Checking requires 2 outgoing transactions a month.

This bank has branches in OH and PA, I don't know if you have to be a resident or if anyone can open online. We have a local branch so I just when it. A postcard offering a $10 Lowes gift card came in the mail so it was worth it to stop in to open the accounts.

The checking also has a $75 bonus for setting up Direct Deposit and a $25 credit for your first $25 of debit card purchases. This was offered at the branch, I don't know if it also applies for online accounts but I would expect that it does.

I checked the link to verify it was FDIC. It is FDIC and I recognize the name Dollar Bank from somewhere. I checked the CD rates and it asked for my zip code and responded that they don't offer services in my area.

Back
Top Bottom