2018 YTD investment performance thread

As of this morning XIRR -1.26%, AA of 48/47/5

Up 1.60% ytd.

I'm down .4% at the end of February for the year with 40% equity index funds, 20% international, 35% bond and 5% cash.

This may sound too conservative to many, but I'm only about 5% equities, the rest (aprox 1M) is in laddered cd's that throw off just over 2K a month in dividends. Add that that my SS, spouse SS and small pension,(when we start collecting all this in 3 years) and I sleep well at night not worrying about the next market crash. IMO, equities will not perform very well this year with a possible 4 interest rate hikes.
After 35 years in the market, I no longer wish to gamble my savings. We plan on ER in 2019

-1.16%. It could have been worse, I guess...

YTD (February 28, 2018) ...

Some notable YTD losers
-1.68% VWIAX Vg Wellesley (38/62)
-2.10% VBTLX Vg Total US Bond Index
-2.86% VSIAX Vg Small-cap value index
-11.5% VGSLX Vg REIT Index

Interesting. Total bond is down 2.1% while PIMIX is off 0.72%, according to Morningstar.

I was a bit depressed at my +0.86% YTD through the end of February (compared to +3.53% through the end of January) until I started looking at other responses and the benchmarks.... I feel better now.

I was a bit depressed at my +0.86% YTD through the end of February (compared to +3.53% through the end of January) until I started looking at other responses and the benchmarks.... I feel better now.
:greetings10:
:LOL:
Well, you're welcome! (I'm one of the people who made you feel better. -1.16%)

Last edited:

Ha ha, after today most of us will be negative. :(

p.s. It's only money.

+0.57% YTD as of February, 2018.

Will go negative on March 1, 2018 looks like.

End of Jan: 5.79%. End of Feb: 2.06%.

I forgot to log in to the accounts at Treasury Direct to see the interest paid the last 2 months. These and another small 401k account are not accessible to Quicken for auto download.

With the correction, the numbers are 5.83% and 2.14%. Small differences, you said?

Yeah, but when the going gets tough and one has to live on 2.5% WR, every fraction of a % counts, I am telling ya. ;)

Last edited:
S&P down almost 8% from the January high.. which works well for me since I'm on the road making extra money to buy stocks while they're on sale :D

Last edited:
There goes break-even so far this year. Ugg Thanks to ...

Back
Top Bottom