401K fee disclosure

tmm99

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
My current employer moved our 401K from one company to another recently in preparation for this. I just checked my new 401K and its fees and realized that their expense ratio for American growth fund (which I have 50K in) as well as all the target funds are around 1%!!! American growth fund shows redemption fee of 2%!!!!

I'd better stick with funds like S&P 500 and Russell (which are less than 0.1%).

As for my former emplyer's 401K is with Vanguard, no worries there....

Check out your 401K's. It may shock you...

Last edited:
My TSP is .02% to .06% for expense ratios. My HSA funds (Aetna using JPMorgan) on the other hand, are all 1.2-1.4%, with a 5% front load, except for the one index fund at .12% and the money market fund. Just goes to show you how much they rake in off of the unwary, that's a 35x difference in price for the "service" the bank is providing.

Last edited:
My current employer moved our 401K from one company to another recently in preparation for this. I just checked my new 401K and its fees and realized that their expense ratio for American growth fund (which I have 50K in) as well as all the target funds are around 1%!!! American growth fund shows redemption fee of 2%!!!!

And that doesn't even reflect the custodial fee for the 401k account which is almost never disclosed.

Back
Top Bottom