401k question

Paws

Dryer sheet aficionado
Hello Everyone,

I am thinking of adding either small cap or international stock fund to my current mutual fund mix of BGRIX 45% mid cap FBIDX 55% bonds. This is a fairly new 401k. My old one has been converted to IRA and hold alot of large cap stocks and bonds. I really trying to use this 401k to take a little more risk now. I know index bond fund is not the mst risking but I am looking to add it now. I bought the bond fund to change my overal mix.
* for morningstar rating
Anyway here are my choices for small cap GSSIX(****).
I have more choice for International FDIKX (**), JIGFX, MSIQX(*****), FSIIX(***)

I would appreciate any thoughts on which fund to choose and why? please forgive any spelling errors.:blush:

What is your overall asset allocation target (you are 45/55 now with all the equities in a midcap fund)? And what are your fund choices overall?

You say you want more risk, but how much more? 60/40? 80/20? All in to equities?

Acctually I should of said I want more reward or growth but to get that I need to take more risk. This 401k is a small part of my overal portfolio. My overall mix is 65% equity and 35% bond. Most of the equity is large and mid cap stocks. I have little small cap and no international exposure. I would like to target maybe a 70/30 mix.
I am just look for someone else thought as to where to add to those areas.

I'd start with international as a first step and add small cap later. Your allocation to international should probably be larger than small cap, so that's where you're probably most out of balance. Can't go too wrong with FSIIX.

Back
Top Bottom