Amazon Prime Membership Discount For Vets

I was rejected the first time using my current name. I chatted with customer service and asked him if I should put in my maiden name and he told me to try it. I did and it worked. Thanks for letting us know about this nice discount.

I put in my best guess on date for leaving the Air National Guard and it did not work. Used the date on DD214 for separation from active duty and that worked.

maddening... they should all be fired.

first page requires name yes/no service inad infers the term "Active"

If you didn't scroll down, you wouldn't see that waaay down below, there was a place to enter the date of separation.

After three tries... blocked out.

I am definitely too old and slow to deal with this stuff.

If you get rejected, wait a day, sign in again, and scroll to the separation date. After that. everything went well. The deal goes thru Nov 11.

A note comes up when you've been rejected, with an email address to use to "fix" problems... forget it... no such address.

Side note... a thread that talks about the Amazon problems... when I looked... about 150 complaints.

Hey Jeff!!! You've gotta do better than that!!! :mad:

Last edited:
Thanks to all for the info. I sent a link to this thread to DH, and he was able to take it from there!

We did it by email since we were another case where I was the prime member and DH on my account.

Strangely, ours worked first time. (I'm the veteran; the Az account is in DH's name.)

I just successfully used the discount. First, I added myself as a Prime "household member" to my wife's account (never did this before because we have always just used her account to order stuff and I don't read ebooks). Then I submitted my information. For date of separation, I used the date on my DD-214, even though I was in the Individual Ready Reserve for 6 years after that. It was instantly accepted and a discount renewal was put in the cart. Then I clicked on "submit order" and it was done. I just checked and saw that the renewal date is now extended by a year.

DH has his own Amazon account, but it is linked to mine and he gets to use my Prime membership. We set up our own accounts way before Amazon Prime existed.

I just successfully used the discount. First, I added myself as a Prime "household member" to my wife's account (never did this before because we have always just used her account to order stuff and I don't read ebooks). Then I submitted my information. For date of separation, I used the date on my DD-214, even though I was in the Individual Ready Reserve for 6 years after that. It was instantly accepted and a discount renewal was put in the cart. Then I clicked on "submit order" and it was done. I just checked and saw that the renewal date is now extended by a year.

Thank you. I just got this done for my husband, on my Prime account.

Back
Top Bottom