And I thought I was just raising my credit line....

thefed

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Every 6 months or so, I request a CLI on most of my credit cards. Most of the time, they approve the request with no hassles. Sometimes, they want to do a hard pull of my credit, which I don't mind.

This most recent request went thru like normal, but they ended up re-allocating th $$ from another credit card to this one. Essentially, they lowered my credit line on my better card to increase the line on the 'worse' card....resulting in a net credit line increase of $0.

Once this happened though, I got an offer in the mail for the better card (whose line was now decreased a bit). 0% APR on cash advances til Aug 08 no purchases necessary, one time $90 BT fee. No strings. I NEVER use this card and NEVER get attractive offers from them.

Sooo...the end result was me requesting they re-adjust my credit lines to the way they were, and then transferring $30k into my high-yield savings account(5% APY). I'm now going to make over $100/month for a while due to their generosity!!

Thanks BofA !!!!!!

BofA just made a bunch of changes to thier terms. I glossed over the notice, but I believe they raised the BT fees and made other unfavorable changes. Looks like you got in ahead of these changes. I only use this account for for overdraft protection and emergencies, so it was no matter to me. I get at least two mailings a week from them, but I never get anything as attractive as what they offered you. Think I'll see about getting off thier mailing list for promotions.

BofA just made a bunch of changes to thier terms. I glossed over the notice, but I believe they raised the BT fees and made other unfavorable changes. Looks like you got in ahead of these changes. I only use this account for for overdraft protection and emergencies, so it was no matter to me. I get at least two mailings a week from them, but I never get anything as attractive as what they offered you. Think I'll see about getting off thier mailing list for promotions.

maybe you just need to have some of the CLI re-allocated to another Bofa card (MBNA in my case). I feel this reduction in CL combined with limited use initiated this mailer

who knows. i was very surprised to say the least...considering that the next best offer ive seen from them was 3.9 or 4.9 fixed for 6 or 7 mos.

USAA has a 0% interest, no-fee cash advance, no fee balance transfer deal out there. Check your mailboxes.

Back
Top Bottom