Another $500. Bonus Offer - Capital One 360

Drake3287

Full time employment: Posting here.
Now that Ally Bank is paying us off for our recent large saving bonuses, Capital One 360 is offering a similar great deal with up to a $500. bonus.

Open a Money Market account with between $10,000. and $49,999. and get a $200. cash bonus, $50,000. and more gets a $500. bonus. Unfortunately for me I already have an account with Capital One and don't qualify. I took advantage of this same deal a couple of years ago. Technically you can take $50,000. from that new Ally account now and get $500. more.

https://www.capitalone.com/celebrate200/

DW moved some money into Chase and they gave her a $300 bonus if she keeps it there for 90 days. Then she will move it to a 9 mionth CD

Capital One 360 is offering a similar great deal with up to a $500. bonus.
So this is a money market account, right? Is the account insured? Not that I'm too worried about CapitalOne, a huge outfit, going bust right now, but I don't think it's FDIC insured.

It says's FDIC insured. This is like a 3 month CD at 6% interest at $50k.

Yup, FDIC insured. I've had them for a couple of years now and no issues what so ever.

Last edited:
Note you do have to keep the account open for up to 60 additional days past the bonus period while you wait for them to post the bonus -- I guess you could transfer most of the money out once you have met the bonus requirements, though:

When will I actually get my bonus?
Capital One will deposit the bonus into your account within 60 days following the 90-day period. If your account is in default, closed, or suspended, or otherwise not in good standing, you will not receive the bonus.

In general most of the different bonuses from these banks require a similar period of time. Still a good deal though.

Last edited:
I got the physical mailing on this offer and just now funded my new account. The rate on the MM account is currently at 2% APY, not the best rate but with the additional $500 on a $50,000 deposit, it's not bad at all.

you are not eligible if you have had an account with capital one 1/1/16 or later.

It says's FDIC insured. This is like a 3 month CD at 6% interest at $50k.
I guess if you pulled most of the money after 6 months it would run about 6%. If you let it sit until you get the bonus it's more like 4.5%.

When I saw "$500", that seems a lot more than the difference between what I'm getting now, 2%, and the 4.5% I'd get using this account. Better than a sharp stick in the eye, though.

Attachments

• xirr.jpg
    xirr.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 27
DW moved some money into Chase and they gave her a $300 bonus if she keeps it there for 90 days. Then she will move it to a 9 mionth CD

I have that same deal here on my desk. Read the fine print on the back as it says if you close account within 6 months they will take bonus away.

What if you have savings not money market, are you still eligible for the bonus?

I guess if you pulled most of the money after 6 months it would run about 6%. If you let it sit until you get the bonus it's more like 4.5%.

When I saw "$500", that seems a lot more than the difference between what I'm getting now, 2%, and the 4.5% I'd get using this account. Better than a sharp stick in the eye, though.

The $50k only needs to be there 90 days. You can pull out everything but a $1 and get the bonus.. it's just delayed 60 days after the 90.

"$500 bonus — you maintained a daily balance of $50,000 or more for the first 90 days following the Initial Funding Period
"

Last edited:
I have that same deal here on my desk. Read the fine print on the back as it says if you close account within 6 months they will take bonus away.

We've done the Chase deal a couple of times with multiple accounts. Once the bonus is paid you can reduce the balance to $300 and then come back at 6 months to close it.

Back
Top Bottom