Anyone here lives in North Port FL

neihn

Full time employment: Posting here.
Hello all,

We are currently living in Beaverton OR, and plan to move to North Port FL in about two years.

We were in Venice FL few weeks ago, and looked around for property. We accidentally found Centex home in north side of North Port and really like that sub division. I wonder if anyone here is familiar with the area who be able to reveal some of the good and no-good of the area.

Thanks.

Hi ! I lived in Venice for six years so I know North Port .North Port is known to be more red neck than Venice . North Port is lacking beaches . I would suggest renting in the area for six months before purchasing . If you do not want to do that read the local newspaper online to get a sense of the community .When I moved to Venice we rented for nine months before purchasing . It was a great move . We realized they build nice houses and developments everywhere in Florida but some are not in ideal locations . By renting we eliminated quite a few developments and found a great home in an ideal location. Good Luck !

City-data has a Sarasota/Bradenton/Venice forum. I subscribe to various threads there as our intended retirement location is going to be either Sarasota (most likely) or Venice. I have learned quite a bit about the local area from members over there.

I met a couple who bought in that area rather impulsively after seeing a new development and being sold by the salesperson of a new home to be constructed. They were retiring from 'up North' and were blind sided by a new house, warm weather, their own pool, etc. This all did happen as planned, except they are now isolated, far from a use-able beach, restaurants, or shopping and are now planning on taking the loss and deciding where to move again. I concur with Meomg in renting first in a new area even though it is a hassle.

Rich

Moemg;1708871.. I would suggest renting in the area for six months before purchasing ...[/QUOTE said:
+1

esp. in the summer

Back
Top Bottom