Anyone using Turbo Tax and....

Every time I log on to Where's My Return I answer the survey questions. The gubment likes surveys so I'm happy to oblige. I'm satisfied on the first two questions and I give them the absolute worse rating on the third question about my satisfaction of the information I received using this website. :mad:

I gave them the same rating, probably many people are giving that lat question the lowest rating. Generally when there is a short survey like this, and you give a low score, your are given a chance to explain the low score. Hmmmm, I guess the IRS doesn't want a bunch of expletives from those that are due a refund
. :dance:

Some years back the IRS used to send refunds out on Tuedays and Fridays. I think. Does anyone know if that practice still stands?

I filed this year using Free File Fillable Forms, and one of the emails they sent me stated: "Now that your return has been accepted, in 72 hours, you will be able to track your refund at Where's My Refund? on the IRS website. ... The IRS issues refunds every Friday, so if you check Where's My Refund and do not get an expected refund date, wait until the next Friday to check again. You can also call (800) 829-4477 for refund status, but wait at least 4 weeks from the day you e-filed."

Slowly getting more annoyed at Intuit and IRS

I'll give the IRS their 21 days to get an acknowledgment from them (The actual IRS, not Intuit, God, my Congressman. Bill Gates....) that my TT electronic files were received and are queued up in the IRS system. Right now I just getting tired of seeing the following message after the 15 or 20 times I use “where is my refund".

You may not have entered your information correctly. Please verify your personal tax data and try again.
Please confirm your Social Security Number, Filing Status and Refund Amount shown below.

How does know Intuit know my tax files didn’t get lost somewhere in IRS computer land. I have prepared an amended return to file. Added the cents in, instead of rounding to the nearest dollar. So I’ll be sending in an amended return to a return that seems to ne lost in cyberspace. I will call the IRS Richmond office first, but I’m getting ready to leave the country for a while and won’t be back after mid-April. I just want an answer from the IRS that they have or don’t have my return. If the refund gets dragged out some, that is fine.

I'll give the IRS their 21 days to get an acknowledgment from them (The actual IRS, not Intuit, God, my Congressman. Bill Gates....) that my TT electronic files were received and are queued up in the IRS system. Right now I just getting tired of seeing the following message after the 15 or 20 times I use “where is my refund".
What happens after the 21 days?

How does know Intuit know my tax files didn’t get lost somewhere in IRS computer land.
Because the IRS sends an acknowledgement.

I have prepared an amended return to file. Added the cents in, instead of rounding to the nearest dollar. So I’ll be sending in an amended return to a return that seems to ne lost in cyberspace. I will call the IRS Richmond office first, but I’m getting ready to leave the country for a while and won’t be back after mid-April. I just want an answer from the IRS that they have or don’t have my return. If the refund gets dragged out some, that is fine.
Why are you amending?

I am happy to report that, after 19 days in limbo-land, the Where's My Refund finally shows IRS received our tax return and to expect our refund by March 6th. :dance: It's still neck-in-neck if I'll get my refund or my passport first. I'm still betting on the passport even though it was mailed ten days after I e-filed my tax return. Oh, the suspense! :cool:

Prototype - it's not Intuit's problem so you might want to back off blaming them. Like MichaelB said, as long as you got the confirmation IRS received your tax return you're OK. Eveything that's happening is because of the IRS and their programming problems. It looks like the folks at the IRS enjoyed such a nice, restful three-day weekend they were able to kick things into [-]high[/-] a higher gear.

I am happy to report that, after 19 days in limbo-land, the Where's My Refund finally shows IRS received our tax return and to expect our refund by March 6th. :dance: It's still neck-in-neck if I'll get my refund or my passport first. I'm still betting on the passport even though it was mailed ten days after I e-filed my tax return. Oh, the suspense! :cool:
Maybe the IRS employees are reading this thread and making sure the returns get acknowledged, but not too soon.

I e-filed using TT on February 3rd and I got an email about six hours later that my Federal return has been accepted. I've been checking the Where's My Refund website for a little over two weeks. I wonder if is gubment speak for "have absolutely no idea..."? No wonder they don't have a date on the message. :facepalm:

Some years back the IRS used to send refunds out on Tuedays and Fridays. I think. Does anyone know if that practice still stands?

Direct deposits are coming in on random days this year.

I think they just got the computer-caused log jam cleared. I can't imagine it would take another two weeks to process my very simple return. It's passport versus refund.

OR - maybe IRS just put that notice out for everyone just to keep us off their backs. So.... is the message (return being processed and a March 6th date) real or fictional? Hmmm... something else to ponder. Real or Memorex (doesn anyone remember that commercial?)

Mine also finally popped up on "where's my return" this morning also after 19 days. Thanks to all for tolerating my previous rants :flowers:

I wouldn't get too excited. Where's my refund shows we should expect our money by 2/21. I'm still expecting.

And I've found the passport agency to be pretty efficient. i needed a new one before we went to europe last year. I was able to show up that morning and get a new one in hand about 40 mins before my flight left. i made the flight, and I am still married. :cool:

I mailed my passport renewal 10 days after I e-filed my taxes. I bet I'll get my passport before my refund. At least the Department of State's Passport_Application_Status website works. (I put in the link in case some of you were not aware you could track your passport application.)
I got an email this morning my passport has been processed and will be sent priority mail. I should have it "on or about 03/03/2012". I even have a tracking number. :dance:

Nothing yet on the tax refund. :facepalm:

Both Passport and the electronic IRS Refund arrived today.

It would be a tie except for the significant difference between actual and estimated processing times.
  • Dept of State estimate on passport processing: 4 to 6 weeks. Actual was 15 days.
  • IRS estimate on processing refunds: 10 - 21 days. Actual was 27 days.
The interesting part about the passport renewal was mailing it to Philly and having it processed out of Hot Springs National Park. I'm not sure why it wasn't processed out of Houston.

Thanks for letting us know. Why wasn't the passport processed out of Houston? I bet the passport office people saw this thread, called the IRS office, got the real date for the refund (which they always knew) and decided to reroute the thing to make both arrived the same day. They are messing with your mind.

They are messing with your mind.
LOL... that's not hard to do these days.

Why wasn't the passport processed out of Houston?
This is the first time we haven't mailed our passport renewals to Houston and the first time Houston did not send us the new passports. I Googled (when did that become a verb:confused:) the Hot Springs National Park Passport Office and found an article about the expansion of their service center a few years ago. It's still confusing because Houston offers the same services. Maybe Philly makes the assignments based on workload and Hot Springs had less work than Houston. That would actually make sense so it can't be right...

I fully believe had I needed my passport quickly it would have taken more than six weeks. :facepalm:

Got our Cali return in 5 days...waiting on the feds too.

Their response...
Refund Status Results

We have received your tax return and it is being processed. Your expected refund date has been changed due to processing delays. You should receive your refund by February 28, 2012. Please wait until that date to contact us again because we cannot take any action until then. Thank you for your patience.

Still waiting....

we filed on 2/10. WMR said 2/21 for refund. About 2/25 it updated and said they were sending the money on 2/29. Sure enough, money arrived 2/29.

Back
Top Bottom