Are there proportionately more Canadians here?

accountingsucks

Recycles dryer sheets
I notice alot of Canadians post on here - I myself am a Canuck. In theory since this forum mainly draws North Americans (correct me if i'm wrong) we should expect 1 in 9 to be Canadian based on current populations. I would suggest the ratio is higher. Anyway to find out? It would make sense given our more conservative nature and generally speaking, better economy.

Run a Pole....oops, Poll. ;)

I notice alot of Canadians post on here - I myself am a Canuck. In theory since this forum mainly draws North Americans (correct me if i'm wrong) we should expect 1 in 9 to be Canadian based on current populations. I would suggest the ratio is higher. Anyway to find out? It would make sense given our more conservative nature and generally speaking, better economy.

You could do a survey subject to of course the inaccuracies of a internet poll, selection bias in respondents, etc.

Also how do you plan to account for a global workforce? E.g., the person who goes to school in canada (graduates with no debt) and then goes to the US to get higher salaries/work experience/career advancement and then returns to canada to ER for the healthcare? At least the first two steps describes half my high school class...

"All right everyone, line up alphabetically according to your height."
Casey Stengel

I'd like to see a poll on INTJs who are also Candadian ;-)

I would be interested in those with ADD...and how they break down in terms of Canadian and American......wait, I lost my train of thought...what were we discussing?

I'd like to see a poll on INTJs who are also Candadian ;-)
Who also own two or more feral kitties, and who live with more than two but fewer than three roomates.

Ha

Last edited:
Who also own two or more feral kitties, and who live with more than two but fewer than three roomates.

Ha

I almost fit that bill. Currently have two roommates. Had three, for about a year and a half, but one of them wasn't "all there", for lack of a better word and thankfully moved out about two years ago. One of my roommates does have Canadian relatives, so he does have some Canuk blood in him. And, a couple years ago, we had a barn full of feral kittens, but were able to somewhat tame them, and find homes for them and the mother.

You could do a survey subject to of course the inaccuracies of a internet poll, selection bias in respondents, etc.

Also how do you plan to account for a global workforce? E.g., the person who goes to school in canada (graduates with no debt) and then goes to the US to get higher salaries/work experience/career advancement and then returns to canada to ER for the healthcare? At least the first two steps describes half my high school class...

There are quite a few US expats on here along with other nationals who currently live in the US but are planning on retiring outside the USA. A poll of citizenship allowing for multiple choices would be interesting.

The poll should include Native Americans. Would that make it a totem poll?

And Poles, to make it a Polish Poll......:LOL:

Hey steely, BTW, I took some pictures of the steel guitar playing at Floydfest and will post them for you tomorrow.
Although I took a number of close-ups of the young man's lap as he played the pedal steel, I'm none the wiser as to the brand, although I may be somewhat closer to earning myself a restraining order. ;)

Sarah in SC said:
Hey steely, BTW, I took some pictures of the steel guitar playing at Floydfest and will post them for you tomorrow.
Although I took a number of close-ups of the young man's lap as he played the pedal steel, I'm none the wiser as to the brand, although I may be somewhat closer to earning myself a restraining order. ;)

Sounds good! If I can tell, I will let you know. I have been pondering posting a recording I made in St. Louis in the steel thread, but it's an MP3 and I don't know how to do that!

Sounds good! If I can tell, I will let you know. I have been pondering posting a recording I made in St. Louis in the steel thread, but it's an MP3 and I don't know how to do that!
Others have uploaded their recordings to 3rd party hosting sites and then posted the link here. Videos on YouTube, not sure what sites host audio files.

MichaelB said:
Others have uploaded their recordings to 3rd party hosting sites and then posted the link here. Videos on YouTube, not sure what sites host audio files.

Thanks, MB! Not sure I want to open any other accounts, though. I found a YouTube video of the same tune at a festival in the Netherlands, but not quite as good :-(

Back
Top Bottom