what kind personality affected to FIRE?(HSP, overefficiency)

Why do you think that is?

My theory is, many ISTPs (I am an ISTP) like to decide what to do as things progress rather than plan in detail in advance. So while I frequent this site (and other similar sites, such as Bogleheads) to figure out how things work, my eyes glaze over when I see people planning for their future with detailed spreadsheets.

I am not a good planner or spreadsheet person. all my projects I do from all kinds of thoughts process not in order. OE book says OE think like a web, but main other people think in a line.

So that's my personality type - Not Normal.

This will not be a surprise to most forum members. :)

Working outside the US, I wasn’t exposed to Meyers Briggs. Looking over the questions and categorizations, I don’t find a good fit and need a different framework, which I developed. It says I’m a R-DGAS.

Note - R-DGAS is short for “retired, doesn’t give a $hit”

Last edited:
I disagree with you. I totally understood we are all different but since we are those 3 type which are introvert, analylize, thinking etc helped not to spend much money or invest thing wisely.

I dont do socialize much with people so I dont spend much of money on cloths or eating out etc. and the society treat people with feeling to encourage to spend more money on feeling. for example on the same stuff but if it is pink, it is more expensive.

It does help to not have to feel like you have to keep up with the Joneses. That idea was in The Millionaire Next Door. One of the points of the book was that conspicuous consumption is supposed to show off one's wealth, but in reality it is more often a detriment to acquiring wealth because the money spent on the consumption items reduces savings. We socialize a fair bit but I guess I don't care if other people think we have money or not so I don't spend a lot of money of things like clothes or cars.

Why do you think that is?

My theory is, many ISTPs (I am an ISTP) like to decide what to do as things progress rather than plan in detail in advance. So while I frequent this site (and other similar sites, such as Bogleheads) to figure out how things work, my eyes glaze over when I see people planning for their future with detailed spreadsheets.
In general, I'm a person who decides as I go along. It's common for me to walk out of the house to do one home repair task and end up doing another.

In the case of retirement, I knew for a long time that I wanted to retire young enough to hike and do other outdoor things. My wife and I both suspected that we wouldn't be able to sustain the daily grind of full-time work and commuting as long as many do.

I started making spreadsheets projecting our retirement income about 10 years before actually retiring, and had calculated the amount of retirement account savings it would take about four years out.

So, to a fair degree, I went against type in retirement planning.

Note - R-DGAS is short for “retired, doesn’t give a $hit”

Excellent Michael! I like that a lot.

Personality tests suck. Unless you're at some far-out, likely unhealthy extreme, they just don't mean very much. And really, as you say, who gives a $hit?

I am not a good planner or spreadsheet person. all my projects I do from all kinds of thoughts process not in order. OE book says OE think like a web, but main other people think in a line.
Nobody has ever called me a linear thinker. I jump subjects in conversations quite randomly.

Back
Top Bottom