Attention Navy Fed members: 4% 1 year CD on offer

brewer12345

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Available only this week, and limited to $4k. Not much, but every little bit helps.

"1Limit one Celebration Certificate per member. This offer, including the stated APY, is effective September 17-23, 2012. Not available for IRAs or ESAs. $4,000 maximum balance. Accepts additional deposits. At maturity, the Celebration Certificate will automatically renew to a $100 minimum, standard EasyStart Certificate at the prevailing dividend rate unless member specifies otherwise. 2Limit one Special EasyStart Certificate per member. This offer, including the stated APY, is effective March 28, 2011. $3,000 maximum balance. Certificate owner(s) age 18 and older must have Direct Deposit of Net Pay (minimum $300 per Direct Deposit) and a Navy Federal checking account within 90 days of the certificate issue date. If these requirements are not met, your Special EasyStart Certificate dividend rate will be reduced to the prevailing dividend rate of a standard EasyStart Certificate for the remainder of the certificate's term. At maturity, the Special EasyStart Certificate will automatically renew to a $100 minimum, standard EasyStart Certificate at the prevailing dividend rate unless member specifies otherwise. Federally insured by NCUA."

As a long time member of NFCU Iwill certainly be getting a $4000 celebration CD, thanks to your tip, Brewer!! To illustrate what a great deal this is, NFCU's usual rate for a 12 month CD of <$10,000 has an APY of .85%. Their largest CD with longest duration (where you would earn the most) 7year CD $100,000 min has an APY of only 2.15%. My other bank has similar rates to NFCU's usual rates, but never an offer for a "celebration certificate".

Folks may be interested to know that NFCU membership is open to all military, not just Navy.

Terms listed in the post are contradictory. Is the max 3k or 4k?

If it's 4, then you'd max out and make $160 over the year.

Terms listed in the post are contradictory. Is the max 3k or 4k?

If it's 4, then you'd max out and make $160 over the year.

The special 4% certificate aavialble through Sunday is $4k max. Th e $3k refers to something else.

Thank you Brewer...................Every little bit counts! I'll get on it tomorrow and so will my DH.

Any other tips Brewer? Not eligible for Navy Fed and got CD's maturing. PFCU best deal is 2.02 @ 7 years. Might just stuff in a few socks under the bed.

Any other tips Brewer? Not eligible for Navy Fed and got CD's maturing. PFCU best deal is 2.02 @ 7 years. Might just stuff in a few socks under the bed.

I keep looking and am always happyto share, but goodies are hard to come by these days with everyone chasing yield.

You might consider the Ally Bank "Raise your rate" products; you get a (fairly) reasonable initial rate & the right to claim a higher rate twice in the future.

Back
Top Bottom