Bank Bonus Offers

I received the $2k bonus earlier this week. I moved some shares of VTI into JP Morgan and just leave them there to maintain the $250k minimum balance.
After some initial hiccups, I’ve started using the free wire service a lot and also the free safe deposit box. I don’t keep a ton of cash there, as they pay no interest.

Credit Card sign up offer - $705 net.

Apologies if credit card offers are not proper on this forum or this thread, I'm sure the post will be pulled if so and that's cool. I'm not an agent or a salesperson for this, just passing along the offer I signed up for. hence I'm providing no links to it.

To me, this is free money but to each is own how they manage credit.

Citi Premier card: Spend $4,000 in 3 months. Pay $95 annual fee.

Get 80,000 Thank you points. If you use 1% as value of points ....

That's $800 towards travel or gift cards, minus the fee....it's $705 net, tax free.

Also, I won't cancel after the offer is paid because I love the current terms:

3x points on gas. 3x points on dining out. 3x points on groceries.

There's other perks but Ive not confirmed if those add value...but iMO what I listed above, at least for me -- is good stuff.

Apologies if credit card offers are not proper on this forum or this thread, I'm sure the post will be pulled if so and that's cool. I'm not an agent or a salesperson for this, just passing along the offer I signed up for. hence I'm providing no links to it.

To me, this is free money but to each is own how they manage credit.

Citi Premier card: Spend $4,000 in 3 months. Pay $95 annual fee.

Get 80,000 Thank you points. If you use 1% as value of points ....

That's $800 towards travel or gift cards, minus the fee....it's $705 net, tax free.

Also, I won't cancel after the offer is paid because I love the current terms:

3x points on gas. 3x points on dining out. 3x points on groceries.

There's other perks but Ive not confirmed if those add value...but iMO what I listed above, at least for me -- is good stuff.

There have been separate threads on CC rewards, but all good.
I use the rewards heavily and usually are good for 3.5k yearly cash back.

Nice to know.

There has been a lot of discussion on the Chase Sapphire card, spend $4K in three months and get $1,000 or $1,250 (if redeem smartly), plus $50 grocery credit, and $50 hotel credit.

Always like to know of other offers.

Anyone participate in the Citibank bank bonus promo? I opened a Priority Account Package to get the $700 bonus back in late June. When I was on the phone with new accounts, I asked if, after the 60 calendar day maintenance period, I could change the account to the lower tier to maintain a lower balance without lowering the bonus. I was told yes back in June. Today, when I was ready to make the change, I asked the question again, I was told I could not. I was hoping to withdraw the $40K since I would have to wait another 90 days earning nearly ZERO interest. Anyone have any experience with this promo?

Anyone participate in the Citibank bank bonus promo? I opened a Priority Account Package to get the $700 bonus back in late June. When I was on the phone with new accounts, I asked if, after the 60 calendar day maintenance period, I could change the account to the lower tier to maintain a lower balance without lowering the bonus. I was told yes back in June. Today, when I was ready to make the change, I asked the question again, I was told I could not. I was hoping to withdraw the $40K since I would have to wait another 90 days earning nearly ZERO interest. Anyone have any experience with this promo?

I opened the account a few weeks ago for the same bonus. I don't know what the small print says.

I'd just keep the $50K there until the bonus has been deposited. If you were able to put the $40K in a savings account, the difference is $50. Not worth the chance of them screwing you, IMO.

That promo? No. But Citi has been the biggest purveyor of weasel language in tiny print of any of the banks I've taken bonus money from. Their credit card works at Costco and we've had no problems with it, but Citi is commonly known as Sh***y amongst the card and bank account bonus game players. Good luck with them.

I did this promo x 2 ( DH and I) eager this year, collecting the $1,400 and then closing the account via a pull from Ally. I recall the fine print warning that changing the account status would void the bonus, so no I wouldn't think you could change account status and still collect the bonus.

That promo? No. But Citi has been the biggest purveyor of weasel language in tiny print of any of the banks I've taken bonus money from. Their credit card works at Costco and we've had no problems with it, but Citi is commonly known as Sh***y amongst the card and bank account bonus game players. Good luck with them.

I dropped their Citi Costco credit card once I realized Citi had removed all the travel benefits.

I dropped their Citi Costco credit card once I realized Citi had removed all the travel benefits.
I still use it BUT only if I am buying an item that I want to extend the warranty by 2 years. When they drop that benefit, I'll drop them.

I did this promo x 2 ( DH and I) eager this year, collecting the $1,400 and then closing the account via a pull from Ally. I recall the fine print warning that changing the account status would void the bonus, so no I wouldn't think you could change account status and still collect the bonus.
The overall wording is a little confusing. What I believe you may be referring to is changing the accounts within the 60 calendar day period. Again, I was told, possibly in error (no surprise there) that after the 60 days, I could change to the lower minimum balance account without lowering the bonus after the 60 day period. The interest lost for the 3 months is $50 X 2 (me and my wife) but if I don't get clear and documented information from them, I will leave the money hoping that they will put the bonus in earlier than the 90 days which sometimes banks do.

New Citibank online checking deal

I got an email from Citibank offering me cash to start a checking account, up to $1500. I was intrigued and looked at the requirements. To get the $1500 I would have to transfer $200K to my new checking account and keep it there for 60 days. I certainly don't need another checking account, but it is tempting to do it just for a couple months.

I got an email from Citibank offering me cash to start a checking account, up to $1500. I was intrigued and looked at the requirements. To get the $1500 I would have to transfer $200K to my new checking account and keep it there for 60 days. I certainly don't need another checking account, but it is tempting to do it just for a couple months.

Having done similar Citibank offers in the past, be sure to read the fine print, as I'm quite certain after the 60 days is up, they have up to 90 days to credit your account with the $1500. You cannot simply move the $200k out at the 60 day mark - to avoid fees over the following 90 days you'll need to keep at least a $1500 balance (unless the checking account/program you're signing up for requires a higher minimum balance). Citibank does usually run the clock out to the last day and credits the bonus on day 90 after the initial 60 days.

I did a similar deal for $400 with $15,000 deposited (for both DW and me). It's been 90 days, but as njhowie explained above, it'll probably be another 60 days to actually get the money. I've read horror stories about Citi not paying bonuses, so I'll just hope for the best.

I did a similar deal for $400 with $15,000 deposited (for both DW and me). It's been 90 days, but as njhowie explained above, it'll probably be another 60 days to actually get the money. I've read horror stories about Citi not paying bonuses, so I'll just hope for the best.

Citi was dragged through the mud for what they did in the past with not paying the bonuses. There were some news stories that went viral and since then I believe they have cleaned up their act for the most part.

I think we did 3 or 4 Citi deals and were paid on time with each.

If you are getting antsy, you can open up a chat window and ask them to confirm you met the requirements of the bonus offer and will be paid within the next 60 days. Save the chat session so you can show it if you have any issues later. But again, I think you'll be fine and they will pay you on day 90 after the 60 day requirement was met.

I hit up Citibank twice on different offers, then closed the account each time. You have to read the fine print VERY carefully. Hopefully they don't realize I'm a bonus leech.

Wells Fargo sent me a new one, $700 for $50K, 60-90 days, have to re-read that one.

Last edited:
Threads merged

I have done the Citibank bonus twice for myself and my wife. This time, I deposited my $50K 7/8 and received my $700 bonus 10/21 so that's 3 1/2 months. Not bad.

Back
Top Bottom