Bad Brokerage This AM?

haha

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I got up well before the open this morning to take advatage of any obvious weirdness. Market opened with some of my holdings up 20, 30%- so I tried to sell some. No way. Fidelity website was non-functioning. I planned to eat and grab a bus downtown to the Fido Center to trade there, but by the time I finished breakfast website was back up, and the very attractive bids were gone.

This really annoys me.

How were your brokers?

Ha

Vanguard's brokerage services were also overloaded this morning. I got this message upon logging in to my account:

A message from Vanguard Brokerage Services®
Due to recent market volatility, we’re experiencing heavy call volumes. For account inquiries, you may contact us via e-mail. Important: Do not forward requests to place a transaction via e-mail. Note that previous day holdings displayed for brokerage accounts are as of September 17, 2009. Additionally, completed orders from September 18 are still being reflected on Order Status. To reach an associate via e-mail, click on Contact Us at the top of any vanguard.com page. We apologize for any inconvenience.

In addition Vanguard ETF's are changing exchanges today so there are no quotes.

DD

Schwab shut down after-market yesterday about 10 minutes after it started. Found out in Fidelity you can not enter a pre-market order in the middle of the night.

Hewitt, provider of the self-directed brokerage account in my 401k, was down earlier also.

My Fido was down.

FYI Most of the major brokerages had problems today. Pershing which has about $1T in customer accounts shut down web trading for almost all of their independent advisors due to settlement and reconciliation issues from yesterday's close. Pershing does all the clearing for Vanguard Brokerage Services.

Schwab's fixed income platform went down due to activity yesterday afternoon for an hour.

I got up well before the open this morning to take advatage of any obvious weirdness. Market opened with some of my holdings up 20, 30%- so I tried to sell some. No way. Fidelity website was non-functioning. I planned to eat and grab a bus downtown to the Fido Center to trade there, but by the time I finished breakfast website was back up, and the very attractive bids were gone.

This really annoys me.

How were your brokers?

Ha
Glad I did my buying yesterday. Couldn't resist AAPL at $125.

Audrey

Glad I did my buying yesterday. Couldn't resist AAPL at $125.

Audrey

Audrey, what kind of apples are those? I get mine from the local farmer's market for only 99 cents a pound........:D

FYI Most of the major brokerages had problems today. Pershing which has about $1T in customer accounts shut down web trading for almost all of their independent advisors due to settlement and reconciliation issues from yesterday's close. Pershing does all the clearing for Vanguard Brokerage Services.

Schwab's fixed income platform went down due to activity yesterday afternoon for an hour.

We had to call in our trades, but I still got trades done faster than I did myself.......:)

TD Ameritrade wasn't very functional for the first hour or so at the open. This has been the case most days this week. When I complain/whine, they usually offer up free trades but that doesn't help much when you have trouble placing trades.

E-trade was OK for the entire day, wish i sold in the morning but i just sold all my play money that i bought with a few days ago for a nice gain

market should have rallied higher after 3pm, but it's a little weak so i sold. will probably buy back in later next week.

longer term i see a rally for a little while but the risk is the details of any legislation

This really annoys me.

How were your brokers?

Ha

Same problem. I had one I wanted to sell, but could not get in. Now, the stock is down. Gonna watch it close before the final bell though.

TD Ameritrade wasn't very functional for the first hour or so at the open. This has been the case most days this week. When I complain/whine, they usually offer up free trades but that doesn't help much when you have trouble placing trades.

What REALLY doesn't help is when the stock moves against what you were trying to do, and you get screwed because you couldn't get the order placed...........:p

Back
Top Bottom