Bankrate.com's latest ER articles

Starting out with a draw or $60,000 and at the end of 25 years, drawing $58,000. What am I missing here?

I've met Ty Bernicke........NOT IMPRESSED...........:D:D

Maybe Kiyosaki and Trump and him can put together the "Holy Trinity" of financial advice............:eek::eek:

I enjoyed this pearl of wisdom:

Early retirement remains an attainable goal for those willing to live within their means.

As if living within your means is some novel, optional concept for retirement success.

- John

And this one kinda pisses me off:

"Not everyone likes retirement, especially sharp, trained professionals," says Rose.

so smart people have nothing better in their lives to do than work. Uh-huh.

"Not everyone likes retirement, especially sharp, trained professionals," says Rose.

Guess they aren't all that sharp after all... :)

I enjoyed this pearl of wisdom:

Early retirement remains an attainable goal for those willing to live within their means.

As if living within your means is some novel, optional concept for retirement success.

- John
Too funny. I realized that, because of the way that I was brought up, that I had never considered living beyond my means as an option. I never realized that I had a choice NOT to go to college too and was surprised when some of my friends in HS didn't.

Too funny. I realized that, because of the way that I was brought up, that I had never considered living beyond my means as an option. I never realized that I had a choice NOT to go to college too and was surprised when some of my friends in HS didn't.

I vividly recall my friends around the time of getting out of high school (1982) talking about a post office job where you made $10 an hour. They dreamily said "ten bucks an hour!" as if that was the ultimate attainment and you'd be set for life at that rate. Heading off to engineering college, I had slightly higher expectations.

- John

I am not sure it pisses me off, but it points out that some people (probably him included) don't have lives. their self worth is being 'the expert', or the 'fire fighter' or the 'boss'. Take that away from them and they feel worthless. hmmm they could probably better spend their initial years of retirement in therapy ....

Last edited:
I am not sure it pisses me off, but it points out that some people (probably him included) don't have lives. their self worth is being 'the expert', or the 'fire fighter' or the 'boss'. Take that away from them and they feel worthless. hmmm they could probably better spend their initial years of retirement in therapy ....
I still prefer them to be known for their occupational-therapy achievements as "single-handedly rescued Social Security & Medicare from insolvency due to their payroll deductions"...

I still prefer them to be known for their occupational-therapy achievements as "single-handedly rescued Social Security & Medicare from insolvency due to their payroll deductions"...
ahhhh ...serving a useful purpose in life: sorta runs along the lines of ... even a total failure can be useful ... they can always be used as a bad example :2funny::2funny:

Back
Top Bottom