Ben Smiteth; and Ben Raises Up The Smitten

haha

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Bet you didn't know I was referring to the celebration today in the markets. That which was condemned in recent weeks has been raised again.

Let us give thanks, and offerings. And really pray hard that the manna continues to flow from his computers.

Ha

The market overreacteth.....

The sound bites giveth, and the sound bites taketh away...

The market overreacteth.....
It's hard to know. All I know is that in the short term anyway, Br. B has his bubble pipe out and he's in a mood to blow!

I feel sorry for those who are constitutionally opposed to risk assets. Sooner of later there will be a price, but in the meantime it is certainly fun to get richer by the day.

Blessed are those who have big Roths, for they shall enjoy increase across all their lands, yet be able to run to safety when calamity cometh.

Ha

It's hard to know. All I know is that in the short term anyway, Br. B has his bubble pipe out and he's in a mood to blow!

I feel sorry for those who are constitutionally opposed to risk assets. Sooner of later there will be a price, but in the meantime it is certainly fun to get richer by the day.

Blessed are those who have big Roths, for they shall enjoy increase across all their lands, yet be able to run to safety when calamity cometh.

Ha
Yes, those waiting for market declines must be in lots of pain right now. Your last comment is interesting. Many times I have wished I had an IRA so I could reduce risk without tax liability. On some of those occasions the markets have actually fallen. Even with the Roth, timing is everything.

To me he didn't saying anything new, just repeated what he has been saying for while. He's not increasing rates anytime soon. How the media turned that into tapering/rates rising in September as a fact is amazing.

... timing is everything...

Now you are talkin'...

Wrote someone whose timing has been far less than perfect the last 2 years. Not in jumping in/out of market, but in choosing sectors I thought would take off, and countries whose market I thought would surpass the S&P, or at least maintain the same pace. Darn it! But revenge will be mine, I swear...

PS. My equity portion is up 2.75% today.

Last edited:
Yes, this has been a good day. When even the bond funds jump up along with their equity friends. Friend was cackling the other day that he had gotten out near the top, this was maybe 10-15 days ago. I had wondered myself about continuing to stick with the bond funds, short and intermediate only. After today all is good.

I remember thinking when he cackled about getting out, that timing always looks easy and when in the mirror. However, just getting OUT is one thing, when to get back IN is very elusive. And of course getting in when it's low assumes you have the cash to do so.

Anyway, I guess today was confirmation that staying the course with a decent AA is the best way. That and having a stash of cash so really bad days (weeks, months?) are irrelevant to the retirement funding.

According to this article, Big Ben is blowing his bubble pipe for the benefit of a few.
Who Benefits from the Climbing US Stock Market? | Jared Bernstein | On the Economy
Though this may be true, I am not yet ready to donate my stocks to someone who would then sell them and spend it on bling.

However, I will think you are a very fine person if you do that.

When the market goes down, I will worry and have to cut back. But welfare will just keep rolling on with housing subsidies, food cards, etc., etc. And I will still be taxed to pay for others' lives. Such victims as these we should all be.

Ha

Last edited:
haha said:
Though this may be true, I am not yet ready to donate my stocks to someone who would then sell them and spend it on bling.

However, I will think you are a very fine person if you do that.

When the market goes down, I will worry and have to cut back. But welfare will just keep rolling on with housing subsidies, food cards, etc., etc. And I will still be taxed to pay for others' lives. Such victims as these we should all be.

Ha

I agree with your sentiments. but I'm definitely changing my investment philosophy from passive to more active as we go forward. Like the real estate market in 2005, this market is begging to be timed.

Back
Top Bottom