Billguard

Texas Proud

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
OK, I was reading an article and they mentioned this service....

https://www.billguard.com/

Now, I look at my CC all the time and have not had a problem that the CC company did not find first (maybe once, but not for sure).... so, I do not see any value in this service...

I just wonder what others think about this. Also, where is the money coming from for the website:confused:

I don't see much to it either. I charge everything to CC ( cash back card ). I pay and review each month when I download into quicken.

I would almost suspect they are collecting data on spending habits and selling it advertisers.

OK, I was reading an article and they mentioned this service....

https://www.billguard.com/

Now, I look at my CC all the time and have not had a problem that the CC company did not find first (maybe once, but not for sure).... so, I do not see any value in this service...

I just wonder what others think about this. Also, where is the money coming from for the website:confused:

Same thing you think.

They may be using this "service" as a source of data for a mining operation in which they sell information to others.

I can see a business with a lot of credit cards paying for this service and, frankly, the credit card issuers might find value but I think they have systems in place that are very similar.

Their investors and advisers are excellent, their business plan must be strong.

Last edited:
Same thing you think.

They may be using this "service" as a source of data for a mining operation in which they sell information to others.

+1 This service would be of no use to me, and I see no reason to invite them to peruse my spending habits.

I always think I'm a tad obsessive about the cc's, but it's my habit to every few days categorize and enter all cc charges (hey, 2% cash back on everything so why not use it for everything?) from the receipts in Quicken. I then paste the balance over into the checking account register so as the month progresses I always know how much we have. Then when the cc bill comes in I reconcile it and would find any bogus charges. I do find them, but they're usually ones DW made and failed to give me the slip on!

So in essence, no need and no thank you to opening up all my history to a third party.

Back
Top Bottom