Join Early Retirement Today

budget saving income spreadsheet
Old 04-17-2006, 06:13 PM   #1
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

budget saving income spreadsheet

OK. I think the DJIA data is correct. However, if you have a good source I would appreciate an update.

http://www.class68d.org/bsi.htm

has been updated with new copy.

If it is after 5:00 when I post I reserve the right to disavow anything I posted.
Rustic23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Re: budget saving incom spreadsheet
Old 04-17-2006, 06:28 PM   #2
Dryer sheet aficionado

Re: budget saving incom spreadsheet

am I missing something? Where is the spreadsheet located? what's the url?

Old 04-18-2006, 07:41 AM   #3
Recycles dryer sheets

Re: budget saving income spreadsheet

Zip files are a source of wonder to me...* They seem to choose where they are saved and then hide to another folder when they are extracted.*

In this case clicking the rustic23 reference will allow the zip file to be saved ... in my case to the My Documents folder.* Opening My Documents, you should find a bsi.zip file; double-clicking should create a new bsi folder (still in My Documents) containing bsi.xls and instructions.doc for your use.

I'm looking at the excel file now and trying to absorb it - so will comment later.* So far it seems to be a more extensive version of Rustic's earlier Financial Forcasting model.* I liked (and use) the earlier version.

JohnP

JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 06:55 PM   #4

I hope this is the last change for awhile. I struggled with the DJIA data. Finally I downloaded the Dec 31st closing value for 1928 - 2005 and calculated the percent change for each year. If anyone has better data, I'll be glad to change it again. The website I have this spreadsheet posted has about 750 meg of space left on it and unlimited bandwidth. So if you have a spreadsheet you would like to share with others email it to me jtcspc@houston.rr.com and I will post it there.
If it is after 5:00 when I post I reserve the right to disavow anything I posted.
Old 04-22-2006, 07:22 PM   #5

Next update. I took the market and CPI data from the Early Retirement site from 1871 to 2006. The zip file has the original and an update with both market and inflation data. You can put one year to start market stats say 1930 and use another say 1972 for inflation numbers. Or you can say the heck with it and put your best guess in. I also dated the webpage so you can tell the last time updated.