GEHA unable to provide status of claim

wyecrabber1

Recycles dryer sheets
Trying to find out if an appointment last month has been processed. Have not received an EOB and need a copy. Going to the website the last couple of days; there is a banner stating,

Due to a service outage at one of our vendors, GEHA members and Customer Care are unable to access self-service documents, including EOBs. We are monitoring the situation and appreciate your patience. We will update this message as more information becomes available.

It seems this issued has been going on since MArch 1st.

One would expect a number of layers of redundacy and offiste back-up. Something else is going on here. Extremely aggravating.

Can you say data breach?

Attachments

• 2024-03-22_13-36-38.jpg
    2024-03-22_13-36-38.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 11
From another place on the GEHA website:

Change Healthcare outage
Information: Change Healthcare outage
As of March 22, 2024

On Feb. 21, Change Healthcare (CHC) experienced a cyberattack that has disrupted their systems and services. GEHA works with Change Healthcare to provide several services to our members and providers, including payment processing, explanation of benefit (EOB) distribution and mail services. The incident has led to outages in these services for GEHA, as well as many other parts of the U.S. health care system.

Due to the cyberattack on Change Healthcare's system, GEHA cannot access EOBs or process some claims and payments to providers and members.

We are monitoring the situation and appreciate your patience.

See below for answers to the questions we're receiving from our members and providers. We will update this page as more information becomes available.

FAQs for Members

Who does this affect?
GEHA members are unable to access Explanation of Benefits (EOBs). There may also be a delay in claims processing for payments to health care providers or to members who paid out-of-pocket. Some Flexible Spending Account (FSA) payments may be delayed due to the need for documentation before processing payment.
What should I do?
No action is needed from members. GEHA is working diligently to resolve this issue to resume normal access to EOBs and payments.

When did this occur and when will it be resolved?
The cyberattack on Change Healthcare took place Feb. 21, 2024. The effects of this event are still impacting access to EOBs and payments. GEHA has been working tirelessly behind the scenes to resolve these issues and will be posting regular updates to this website as soon as new information is relevant and available.

Does this affect my ability to receive health care benefits, visit providers or get prescriptions?
No. This outage did not impact your access to providers. There was an interruption in prescription services from Optum immediately after the outage occurred. Please continue to get needed health care services while this issue is being resolved.

Summary:

* Explanation of benefits and claim related documents are unavailable at this time due to an outage with Change Healthcare (CHC).
* As a result, our Customer Care team is also unable to access these documents.
* We continue to monitor our vendor's progress toward reaching resolution.
* Please bookmark this page and check it for updates. Thank you for your patience.

Who can I contact with additional questions or for other resources related to this incident?
While GEHA is actively working on a contingency plan to restore both provider and member payment processing and access to impacted member and provider documents, United Health Group has provided access to the following information and resources.:

UHG Cyber Event Information: Information on the Change Healthcare Cyber Response — UnitedHealth Group

Who is Change Healthcare?
UnitedHealth Group completed its purchase of Change Healthcare, the company announced Monday morning, after defeating the Department of Justice in federal court over the agency’s attempt to block the $13 billion deal.

This hack has caused some small providers to collapse because they can't process bills.

As of today, I am still not able to access my EOBs.
So this has been going on for more than 2 months?

There are a lot of open questions here.....no system redundancy?
Why aren't we getting status updates?
Is there a congressional comittee looking into this?

Yep, looks like you have become part of a new class. I am curious as to why this is taking so long and if the doctors, pharmacies, and hospitals are souring to insurance under this latest and widest threat.

So far, they seem to have had no problems processing the premium input.

Last edited:
I was able to access GEHA EOBs this morning with no issues other than taking a bit longer to load the EOB selected.

Right now (Tues, 04/16/24, 11:20AM Pacific), I can only get the error message when I try to get EOBs - "We are currently experiencing issues viewing EOBs, please try again later." I tried from my last bill to the middle of last year. None would do other than slowly finally give that error. I can get what they call the "Claim Detail" page for all of them and can only find an EOB link on the "View all Claims/EOB" linked page. The EOB option on the right of that page only give me the error I quoted above.

Back
Top Bottom