Charles Nenner - Dow 5000

Everyone has an opinion...but is a prediction like this really that far out of the realm of possibilities considering the fact that the Dow was around 6600 in March '09? With all of the bad news out there (high unemployment, slowing economy, 2 continuing wars, high federal deficits with no end in sight, more and more home foreclosures, etc, etc, etc), I'm actually kind of surprised that the Dow is over 10,000. I personally would be a little surprised to see the Dow go as low as 5000, but 7000-8000 would not surprise me at all.

Didn't someone post his prediction a week or two ago?

Was it 2005 or thereabouts that Bill Gross of Pimco predicted DOW 5000 in the near future? Well he was almost right a few years later.

Audrey

The euro rocketed to a two-month high of $1.29 and sterling jumped two cents to almost $1.54 after the Fed confessed that the US economy may not recover for five or six years. Far from winding down emergency stimulus, the bank may need a fresh blast of bond purchases or quantitative easing.
This is a quote from this article Fed's volte face sends the dollar tumbling - Telegraph

With the Fed supposedly throwing in the towel, who knows where the stock market could end up. In these times one can only count on today, who knows what will happen tomorrow. I for one am keeping my current 50/50 equity/income index portfolio. What else can one do other then sell everything and buy gold or put the cash under your mattress.http://www.early-retirement.org/forums/images/smilies/hide.gif

Back
Top Bottom