Commentary: Equity markets are dying

Lot's of screwy stuff in these articles. Maybe I'm missing something, but this quote from the Matthew Lynn article seems blatantly inaccurate:Markets in the US grew by double digits last year: including dividends the S&P increased by 16%. What's mediocre about that?
Simple, any facts contrary to the original thesis will be summarily dismissed.

Bill Gross runs bond funds. It's in his personal interest to see that more people sell stocks and put money into bond funds. I'd take the analysis a little more seriously if it were unbiased and didn't have a conflict of interest.

Funny how he doesn't talk about a bond bubble with pathetic yields across the curve.

The coming few months should be interesting for chartists. The confluence of change in a great number of market factors promises more volatility than we've seen in some time.
If Bernancke backs off on interest rates, we may be looking at some major changes in Shadow Banking. This may not be all bad, but the bond market could become scary.
At the same time, the US is not alone in debt-driven assets. A good guess might be that there will not be a safe haven in international currency... particularly China. If this brings a degree of worldwide stability, the long term result could be good.
At the least, moderate to small increases in the Fed rate can stave off inflation, which is more of a threat to the economy and personal wealth than a drop in equities.
Watch the VIX for indications of a correction in the coming 6 to 9 months. Some prognosticators are looking for a new floor with a 20% drop.
Finding the right buy-sell point is going to be a challenge.
My opinion only... just reading between the lines.
It all depends on when the moon is in the seventh house, and Jupiter aligns with Mars.

I bet everything gets better then...

It all depends on when the moon is in the seventh house, and Jupiter aligns with Mars.

I bet everything gets better then...
Definitely!
The Bradley siderograph was developed in the 1940's by Donald Bradley to forecast the stock markets. Bradley assigned numerical values to certain planetary constellations for every day, and the sum is the siderograph. It was originally intended to predict the stock markets. 2012 Bradley Turn Dates

Bradley Turn Dates for 2013:
bradley2013.GIF

Back
Top Bottom