Congatulations Everyone!

haha

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I look at my drawdown and I think that just the frequent posters on this board might well be down over $100,000,000 aggregate since the autumn 2007 highs.

Yet everyone is in good humor, no one has gone off on anybody, and as far as I know there have been no sudicides or murders.

Some of you are FP and finance professionals and are withstanding a lot of flak from disappointed and perhaps angry clients. You are still fun and easy going around here. I think this would be a good group for an end of the world party.

Saludos! ^-^

Ha

Sometimes humor is the best coping mechanism. Gallows humor as it may be.

Seriously though. I'm spending this week doing some *serious* security analysis on a number of blue chip stocks which I think have been way too brutally beaten down, stocks with dividends north of 5% and a LOT of cash to keep them safe, selling for 12 times earnings or less.

If I can come up with a good list of 10-15 individual stocks which are in diverse sectors, have solid balance sheets, have prodigious cash positions, are certainly not going out of business any time soon and are selling for crazy-cheap prices, I may be selling off some of my ETF holdings and go nibbling at individual bargains.

I haven't been much of an individual stock picker in recent years, but this is looking like a great time to become one.

Oh, and one more thing, again (sorry) serious. I think one of the reasons we've seen such lightness, civility, humor and sometimes even equanimity here is because of the isolation of the toxic subjects into the soap box.

Nothing turns a community against itself like a discussion of politics and religion.

I am so glad I found this forum! It provides me with so much moral support during these hard times! Add me to the group hug...I need the love!:smitten:

Cheers everyone!

P.S.: Anyone investing in BUD? With all that drinking, surely it has to be one of those stocks that's gonna do well in this environment!

That guy in the pic is a pansy. My liter would have been empty.

This drop hasn't bothered me too much or at least at this point. I figure if I had a chance at getting out and avoiding loss I missed it by now. I also figure I have no control over what the market does each day. All and all there isn't much I can do.

Wish I had a lot more cash but so long as I am working I can keep buying and hopefully increase my real returns going forward. If I was a year or two from retirement and still heavy in equities I might be a bit less chipper.

I am so glad I found this forum! It provides me with so much moral support during these hard times! Add me to the group hug...I need the love!:smitten:

Cheers everyone!

Cheers, everyone! (Raising a glass of Pino Grigio) Thanks from this investing newb!

I was thinking more like this:

Good one HFWR! Guess we are the two who would fight over the sound system at the party while the others are gathered around the computer deciding if they should to buy more or sell;) I would have to insist on some Hendrix though...

Cheers everyone!

P.S.: Anyone investing in BUD? With all that drinking, surely it has to be one of those stocks that's gonna do well in this environment!

BUD? We're bringing Tequilla!
Speaking of BUD, the broker (JD Edwards) that handles the local investment club I belong to said we should sell our BUD. That suggestion didn't fly so well. Be aware that our club's moto is "Buy high, sell low". It is more of a social thing.

Cheers!

Free to Canoe and DW

Sometimes humor is the best coping mechanism. Gallows humor as it may be.

Seriously though. I'm spending this week doing some *serious* security analysis on a number of blue chip stocks which I think have been way too brutally beaten down, stocks with dividends north of 5% and a LOT of cash to keep them safe, selling for 12 times earnings or less.

If I can come up with a good list of 10-15 individual stocks which are in diverse sectors, have solid balance sheets, have prodigious cash positions, are certainly not going out of business any time soon and are selling for crazy-cheap prices, I may be selling off some of my ETF holdings and go nibbling at individual bargains.

I haven't been much of an individual stock picker in recent years, but this is looking like a great time to become one.

Make sure you post the list - looks like a long winter for the Saints and Washington Huskies and I sure as heck am not going to jump ship for the Chiefs.

heh heh heh - Pat's have a good football team though. We gonna have food at the party? - I vote for shrimp and grits topped with badda bing - crumbled bacon of course. :cool: Just remember Pssst - Wellesley has an SEC yield of ballpark 4.93% so we can afford the good bacon not the cheap stuff.

Shrimp and Grits? Oh yeah. "Money" from Cabaret? Gotta be on the playlist.

I wonder how the band members on the Titanic felt.

Well, count me in on the group hug.

...and I want some shrimp and grits...

+1 Ha. There certainly is a lot of good humor prevailing here. What is amazing to me is that I have an "oh well" attitude to the need to drastically adjust my life style if "every thing is different this time." In the meantime, "What, me worry? I read Mad."

Yeah just wish I had more cash to invest right now, what with all the blue light specials out there.

R

Good humor? Heck I'm upset, I don't have more cash to invest. But oh well, there's more important things to worry about, and retirement is a long way off.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom