Cost of Living Expenses Websites

nico08

Recycles dryer sheets
Hello:

At some point in the past I found and used a website that provided the average costs for living expenses in different areas within the US. The types of costs included rent expense, utilities, food, entertainment, health insurance, car insurance, transportation, etc. For the site that I used, I believe I was able to get the information by referring to a particular zip code as a geographic location.

I can't seem to find any websites that provide this type of information for specific locations in a user-friendly format. Unfortunately, I did not save the website that I used as a favorite so that I could refer back to it when necessary.

Any ideas as to which websites have the type of information that I am looking for?

Thank you for your help.

Websites like salary(dot)com have a way to compare cost of living, but not in the detail I think you desire.

here's a website that breaks it down into a number of different areas:

Cost of Living comparison calculator

I've just gone to the site and plugged in my information. What an amazing tool. Very detailed and accurate too since I know both of the cities on which I looked up the cost of living very well (second home in one, main residence in another). Thank you for posting this link!

here's a website that breaks it down into a number of different areas:

Cost of Living comparison calculator

I like this site. But, be sure to note that regional cost of housing differences dominate. If you're moving and also changing the type and/or size of your personal accomodations, your results may be much different from the figures here.

If you want to look into more than the cost of living for areas - there are several books available that pull a lot of metro area data together. I have used the "Places Rated Almanac" in the past. It contains a lot if useful information (currently covers 329 metro areas). Pulls together a lot of useful info for evaluating included metro areas. The attached website displays the latest edition and some other references you might find useful. They are usually available in public libraries as reference material.

Places Rated Almanac: The Classic ... - Google Books

Back
Top Bottom