Coupon websites for consumer staples

How do the BJs coupons work? Do you have to use the app? I don’t know why we even belong to BJs since there’s only 3 of us but DW is hooked and the old fashioned paper coupons are a royal pain.
The BJs credit card, which gives 3% for BJs purchases, is the ID card. You can load coupons from the BJs web site. They are applied when you use the card.

Have you tried Ibotta? https://ibotta.com/how

I have made over $250 in less than year. You get instant rebates on everyday items by scanning your cash register receipt.

I looked at Ibotta and found this:

Before you shop, add offers on great products by completing simple tasks.

What exactly is a simple task? How long do the tasks take to do?

You put the digital coupons/rebates in your account and if you buy the item, you get the rebate. That is more or less it. You either then scan your receipt or you link your shopper card so you don't have to scan the receipt. I think its great, but I know some folks get creeped out about stuff, so be it.

DD uses the Target app which has built in coupons (“Cartwheel” or something like that) that she scans at checkout. She says it’s easy peasy. I’ve never done it
:LOL:

DS did some fancy new online wrangling to actually buy some stranger’s Crate & Barrel coupon/giftcard worth several hundred dollars to use for a piece of furniture. I couldn’t do that and I don’t know how that works, but it worked.

Besides Aldi, North Carolina has a ton of Lidl stores, a European competitor of Aldi: https://www.lidl.com/stores (Another suggestion I haven’t actually tried myself :LOL:) that looks awesome on paper, anyway.

I'm lucky to have Kroger, Publix, Aldi and Lidl all in one place so I can cherry pick the big grocer sale/BOGO items and use Aldi/Lidl for everything else.

Yes. It is the golden age of grocery shopping in our area. I shop GIant, Safeway, Harris Teeter, Walmart, Lidl, Aldi, Costco, Sam's, and Food Lion. All very nearby.

I just shop the sales.

Have you tried Ibotta? https://ibotta.com/how

I have made over $250 in less than year. You get instant rebates on everyday items by scanning your cash register receipt.

Yes - I second Ibotta! Just deposited $80 into checking last week after 3 mos - I'm hooked, but check the app and my grocery store app to get the best deals. I don't mind being part of their shopping research - maybe more food that I like will offer discounts!

I have a collection of locked smart phones I buy for around $10 each for carriers like Verizon plans and instead of signing up for service just use them at home on with our Wi-Fi network. I use those for money making apps instead of putting the apps on my real phone. If anyone is tracking me on the $10 phones it will just look like I never make any calls and spend most of my day at home in a closet.

I have a collection of locked smart phones I buy for around $10 each for carriers like Verizon plans and instead of signing up for service just use them at home on with our Wi-Fi network. I use those for money making apps instead of putting the apps on my real phone. If anyone is tracking me on the $10 phones it will just look like I never make any calls and spend most of my day at home in a closet.

They can't track you without cell service.

My wife is not a larger coupon person, however she's a very intense shopper. And our Publix store puts out a two for one sale about every 4 weeks that's exceptional. The other three weeks of the month, their store sales are so-so. They're a very high priced grocery chain for the most part, but of high quality.

Yes. It is the golden age of grocery shopping in our area. I shop GIant, Safeway, Harris Teeter, Walmart, Lidl, Aldi, Costco, Sam's, and Food Lion. All very nearby.

I just shop the sales.

One of the perks of ER is having time to take advantage of all these options. It’s hard to beat 5% on groceries with Target REDcard but I mostly just get paper products there. Otherwise my list looks a lot like yours if you through in the Amish market.

Here’s the article I was thinking about regarding in-store tracking. It appeared in the New York Times last month (June ‘19) and may be behind a paywall.

It expands the methods for tracking to Bluetooth (beyond WiFi and cellular) to enable “micro-tracking”.

Imagine you are shopping in your favorite grocery store. As you approach the dairy aisle, you are sent a push notification in your phone: “10 percent off your favorite yogurt! Click here to redeem your coupon.” You considered buying yogurt on your last trip to the store, but you decided against it. How did your phone know?

Your smartphone was tracking you. The grocery store got your location data and paid a shadowy group of marketers to use that information to target you with ads. Recent reports have noted how companies use data gathered from cell towers, ambient Wi-Fi, and GPS. But the location data industry has a much more precise, and unobtrusive, tool: Bluetooth beacons.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/06/14/opinion/bluetooth-wireless-tracking-privacy.html

If you are an AARP member, they have pages of downloadable coupons on everyday items like toothpaste and such.

Simple tasks usually are just click, but sometimes you watch a 5 second clip (for the "any" type coupons) or answer a single multiple choice question, like what flavor is your favorite.

Simple tasks usually are just click, but sometimes you watch a 5 second clip (for the "any" type coupons) or answer a single multiple choice question, like what flavor is your favorite.

I have to go grocery shopping tonight. I just went to the Ibotta app and loaded in all my offers. Everything from eggs to yogurt to toilet paper. I have 13 items in total. I only had one video.

Edit, also just found out they are burying bonuses in the app. Just found one of them.

Last edited:
When I am ready to buy Puritan Pride vitamins when they have the buy 1 get 2 free, I check the coupon websites to usually get an additional 20% to 25% off.

Back
Top Bottom