Credit Cards Can Make You Fat

Helena

Full time employment: Posting here.

A Visa study of 100,000 restaurant transactions found that customers
spent, on average, 30% more than those who paid with cash.

Credit cards can make you fat

Now that fast-food restaurants accept credit cards, a survey shows,
you're less likely to drive past -- and you'll order more, too.

Article at link below

Credit cards can make you fat - MSN Money

Maybe it is the qualities of the people who use cash vs credit that is the reason. Researching that might take work. It is easier to ascribe the reason to the cc.

The article could be looked at as a sales piece for merchants to expand the use of credit cards.

I have read other stats that say a person will spend
more when using a credit card than when paying cash.

How many people are so cash poor, they MUST use
a credit card for food and are only able to pay the
minimum balance on the cc ?

i eat more than pretty much anyone i ever met and i'm well within the weight limit. 6 feet and around 175 pounds. it's not how much you eat, but what you eat that can make you fat and make you sick.

i eat more than people who are twice my weight

i eat more than pretty much anyone i ever met and i'm well within the weight limit. 6 feet and around 175 pounds. it's not how much you eat, but what you eat that can make you fat and make you sick.

i eat more than people who are twice my weight

Well, what is it that you eat? Do you use a credit card to pay for it?

Maybe it is the qualities of the people who use cash vs credit that is the reason. Researching that might take work. It is easier to ascribe the reason to the cc.

The article could be looked at as a sales piece for merchants to expand the use of credit cards.

Somebody over on the simple living website loves to post all of these studies.....I use cash on smaller purchases and possibly a cc with larger purchases...if you then went and data mined my transactions, you could say the same thing...when I use a cc, I spend more, duh...

Well, what is it that you eat? Do you use a credit card to pay for it?

here are my general rules

only eat meat not treated with hormones or anti-biotics (pretty much only Whole Foods or Trader Joe's)

only eat eggs that are "free range" or organic

Don't eat fruits or veggies treated with pesticides

Avoid white bread and white rice. i only eat long grain or brown rice. and one of my favorite breads is Food For Life

avoid soft drinks (drink a coke once a month or so)

avoid fake sugars (never eat them, i only eat real sugar or Agave extract)

i only eat Yukon Gold Potatoes because they have the most fiber

avoid fast food

avoid anything with preservatives

avoid pre-packaged foods

avoid anything with high fructose corn syrup

i usually avoid anything labeled low-fat or non-fat

never diet or count calories

Around 7 years ago when i was in my late 20s i ballooned to 195 pounds and had a gut. changed what i ate and slowly made up the rules above as i yo-yo'd from 170 to 185 or so over a few years. i eat out lunch at work around 2 times a week and never pick food to try to stick to some diet. over the last 2 years i've been stable at 175 or so

i'd say i stick to them 50% to 80% of the time and that is enough for me to stay healthy. my cholesterol is under 200, my blood sugar is well within limits, i eat all the red meat and sweets i want, i eat real butter, i eat around 10 - 12 eggs a week, i laugh at all the silly diet studies hyped on the evening news and the silly people that count calories and flog themselves like a monk or go into a deep depression when they go over the limit

and i have never taken a prescription drug other than an anti-biotic or a pain killer after getting hurt. my LDL was just a bit high last year so i cut eating out a little and this year it's within the range again. my doctor didn't mention it but my wife did. what you have to do is when you get your annual blood test back, get a copy and read it yourself and google anything you don't know

Last edited:
How many people are so cash poor, they MUST use
a credit card for food and are only able to pay the
minimum balance on the cc ?

Sounds to me like all the research was done on some collage campus. Kids with credit cards and no cash and an appetite for fast food would fill the bill nicely.

Back
Top Bottom