Credit freeze adventures

We only froze our credit with Equifax. Soon after, my wife wanted to get a CC (for miles of course). So we went through the online Equifax steps to unlock it for 6 weeks. Within this window of time she went for the CC and they indicated they couldn't process it because of the freeze!

So the online process didn't seem to take even though we have confirmation of it.

We are just going to do a permanent unfreeze and be done with it!

I once thought I lost my wallet containing a few credit cards. (Found it after I had notified all the companies :facepalm:) One of the credit cards was a Bank of America Visa. They would not issue a replacement without doing a credit check, which would have been an irritating expense and hassle. I cancelled the card.

Last edited:
I froze our credit about 6 years ago when a pickpocket in Barcelona lifted my wallet. I have no reason to unfreeze for anything since I already have 2 credit cards and have no need for additional credit. If I need a large item like a car I'll pay as much as I can on the CC for points (and pay it off that month) and the balance in cash. We have been debt free for years and intend to stay that way. Credit is not an issue.

Cheers!

We've had our credit frozen for years. I had to unfreeze it when I leased a vehicle earlier this year. The process was easy since I only had to unfreeze it with one bureau.

We don't need new credit cards or loans for that matter but if we do the unfreezing process is quick and easy. The inconvenience and cost are well worth the peace of mind.

We opened a few brokered CDs with Fido over these years with no credit check.

Back
Top Bottom