Delay in 1099 mailings

Thanks. But I meant my sister was the executor (not my brother).
I'm talking about my mother too, and she was 88yo. had an awesome
life, and far far outlived any of my other parents or grandparents.

Oh! I didn't get it the first time. Thanks. I know what you mean - - my mother had a wonderful life and did all she really wanted to do. Still, it's hard not to miss her, and I'm sure you feel the same about your mother.

Meanwhile, it's great to feel like I can ALMOST file my income tax. At least I have some 1099's from the unclaimed property.

Rusty, the State of Louisiana Unclaimed Property office sent me 1099's for my unclaimed property (apparently the remnants of some old mutual fund shares which I forgot about but then the mutual fund company disbanded in the Enron mess). I just received the 1099's yesterday. What a relief. Thought I'd alert you to that.

Thanks for the "heads up" on the K-1 forms. I haven't received anything at all and will ask my brother/executor what gives. All parts of the estate were investments, which declined in value from the time of her death until all distributions were made, so maybe they are not necessary. I am really glad to hear that they aren't going to think I'm a drug kingpin after all!! :LOL:

The k-1 may show a loss for the estate which you might be able to deduct.

Vanguard posted updated 1099-Div on their website today. Actual mailing not until next Tuesday. Probably only important if you have their REIT fund which was not previously reported.
nwsteve

Back
Top Bottom