What Are Tax Form Groups At Fidelity?

RetiredAndLovingIt

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
California, The State Of Crime And Chaos.
I am expecting 2 consolidated 1099 this year.

I got the first one a couple of days ago, as part of group A. This is my new account number
The second one is delayed till middle of February in Group B which was my original account number and is now closed.

There was a situation where there was a possibility that my account number had been compromised, Fidelity sent paperwork to the wrong place so they asked that I move everything to a new account number which I agreed to.

When I click to query the reason for the delay I get the following message.

We're waiting for final tax information from 912797FR3
Your form is delayed because we’re waiting for information from UNITED STATES TREAS BILLS ZERO CPN(912797FR3). We'll email you as soon as this form is available.

Why would a matured t-bill cause any delay, it makes no sense to me but maybe this happens from time to time? Just curious if anyone else has had a similar issue.

I am expecting 2 consolidated 1099 this year.

I got the first one a couple of days ago, as part of group A. This is my new account number
The second one is delayed till middle of February in Group B which was my original account number and is now closed.

There was a situation where there was a possibility that my account number had been compromised, Fidelity sent paperwork to the wrong place so they asked that I move everything to a new account number which I agreed to.

When I click to query the reason for the delay I get the following message.

We're waiting for final tax information from 912797FR3
Your form is delayed because we’re waiting for information from UNITED STATES TREAS BILLS ZERO CPN(912797FR3). We'll email you as soon as this form is available.

Why would a matured t-bill cause any delay, it makes no sense to me but maybe this happens from time to time? Just curious if anyone else has had a similar issue.

I don't know about your specific case, but I own on iShares ETFs in my taxable account and it's always February before the 1099's show up, which is what they're projecting again this year. Perhaps that's the case for any investments you have at Fidelity which aren't from Fidelity itself.

Cheers.

All I can think is that there is some information that has not reported and they are waiting for it. I don't have treasuries but my total info is never ready before mid to late Feb.

... Why would a matured t-bill cause any delay, it makes no sense to me but maybe this happens from time to time? Just curious if anyone else has had a similar issue.

It does seem strange that the Federal Government would not already have provided info on matured t-bills. That seems like something that should even be knowable in advance. Maybe they do it for all bills and bonds at once and it takes a while to produce the entire set of documentation.

The deadline for 1099-Bs is Feb 15, so Fidelity still has about 3 weeks to receive and process the info before they have to deliver it to you.

Splitting of dividends into qualified and not qualified is the item that is delayed every year. So, only my brokerage account 1099 is delayed.

Generally I get main brokerage account 1099 in March or Feb, but they already have all the qualified dividends and foreign tax credit split out.

Back
Top Bottom