Discover Card Bonus Time~Military

mickeyd

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
South Texas~29N/98W Just West of Woman Hollering C
Received this as part of an email from DC. It only applies up to $1000 in purchases on base for a few months. Sure a bonus of 1% of $1000 is not big money But it is money for you to claim.

As a special thank you to our nation's military personnel and their families, Discover(R) Card is giving Double Cashback Bonus(R) on purchases made at U.S. military bases worldwide!

From Memorial Day to Labor Day, when you use your Discover(R) card at any U.S. military base - anywhere in the world - you will automatically earn Double Cashback Bonus on up to $1,000 in purchases, including:

- Commissaries
- Exchanges
- Gas stations
...and more

Mickeyd,

I was reading an article this week about FF programs and how hard it is to use miles due to how limited seats are available. I got to thinking about how over time I have used different credit cards for the miles, promotional cash back etc.

For me it seems I am better just to use a couple of cards for the cash back. The Charles Schwab visa 2% on all purchases deposited into my brokerage account and the Pen Fed Visa 5% back at the pump on gas credited to the card each month.

Of course I wonder how much more I spend each month because I use credit cards instead of cash. I bet its more than anything I earn back from the cards.

Tomcat98

For me it seems I am better just to use a couple of cards for the cash back. The Charles Schwab visa 2% on all purchases deposited into my brokerage account and the Pen Fed Visa 5% back at the pump on gas credited to the card each month.

I also us the two-card strategy. Mainly I use DC, but when a place will not accept it, my USAA MC is my fall back. I always use the cash back $ to reduce my next statement. They often have come-ons to get you to use it in a number of other ways but my LBYM sensor indicates to KISS.

Back
Top Bottom