Djia -800

Wise or not, I made three $10K VTI ETF purchases in the past two days.

Years of quantitative easing, low interest rates, recent tax cuts, increased gov. debt, economy at equilibrium and an aging population hoarding wealth equals a 40% correction in the near future, at least Harry Dent thinks so !

Not to drag this off topic but does Harry have a column or was he interviewed somewhere today? Everything he says always seems so right but..... you know...

My take is: This is "The Beginning" of a 40%'er or.....

It's that time of year. The Good Season. This is a reset, could last 30 days or so, then make a few bucks before May and The Bad Season.

Blue light specials ahead!!!

Not that that's my THING, since I'm a buy-and-holder, but I know some of you have put some cash aside and can hardly wait. :D

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    27.1 KB · Views: 342
Yeep!!! Here we go...….… :eek:

Hopefully, this Avatar lasts only a short while and die shone deutsche Frau kommt zuruck. ;)

Attachments

• F94B1C1D-E681-4478-B8E3-168A1AE6CB48.jpeg
    F94B1C1D-E681-4478-B8E3-168A1AE6CB48.jpeg
    18.2 KB · Views: 324
Hopefully, this Avatar lasts only a short while and die shone deutsche Frau kommt zuruck. ;)
Eva? She might come back before too long, if this market drop turns out to be just a short term blip. :D But meanwhile, the bear seemed like a good avatar du jour. The café au lait and beignets avatar was making me feel too hungry. :)

Attachments

• EvaSig.jpg
    EvaSig.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 317
I called Whee last week (although I thnk there is an official Whee spokesperson on this forum, can't recall which user). We shall see if we get a correction everyone is so adamantly hoping for lol.

I just don't think it's sustainable with the current economic outlook, but treasuries rise, and equities drop. So that's what we are seeing, along with some profit takers, robo shorts etc.

I was so close to shorting 250k last week, but Warren Buffet's infamous quote turned me away "Market timing is a fool's game".

Instead, I'll buy the dip, and ride the wave. :dance:

Bolded - that would be the Moderator Emeritus "W2R" :D

hard to miss 800 pts. There is really no good answer to where u put your money now. Bonds are getting hit in this rising rate market and stocks are reacting like a recession is coming. Oddly the economy is so strong that rate increases will continue and stocks will fluctuate based upon earnings, and politics. So, I am just sitting tight for now. After a few days like this I would suspect we are back to fair value and it will be time to buy.

There is really no good answer to where u put your money now. Bonds are getting hit in this rising rate market and stocks are reacting like a recession is coming.

I picked up a 14 month pre-refunded municipal bond this morning with yield to redemption of 3.99%. That works just fine for me.

It's at times like these where you need to be looking for ridiculous bargains being offered.

Let's see....the economy is strong, unemployment is at an all time low, restaurants are full every night (around here, anyway), shoppers are all in the stores, etc.

Buy the Dip!

Yep. I bought a little bit today.

Earnings season starts on Friday. Should buoy the market.

Earnings season starts on Friday. Should buoy the market.
:fingerwag:

I need about two more weeks of negative nellies so I can get a big bump of cash... QUICK! Someone spread the rumor that TSLA is going to drag the entire US economy into the muck or something!

Buy, buy, buy?

CAPE 10 is still at around 31.6. Should we not wait until it is down to the historical average of about 17 or so?

That would be the Dow at 13,800. Only another 11,900 points to go.

I just remember something.

If the market drops to average CAPE10 and I maintain my living standard, my WR of 2.6% will become 4.8%.

Hurrah! I will be considered a splurging spendthrift, and no longer a miser.

Er, lemme compute what my WR will be if I take SS early. No more waiting till 70. :)

You were right for about 15 minutes... :LOL::LOL::LOL:
Correction came out 100 points...

Probably caused hundreds of heart attacks. :(

Currently the e-mini S&P 500 futures are down a little shy of 1% additional drop in after-hours trading. With ~ 6 years to go before I'm looking to retire, I'm looking forward to the "FIRE" sale that seems to be happening in this October.

Hoping for a big whoosh DOWN on the opening, followed by a rebound. That will be the time to buy (at least on the short run).

-800 points on the dow today but up around $450K that since 11/7/2016 including the down draft today. So, all in all, I will take it any day of the week. After all, the night of the election was when the world and our economy was supposed to come to an end.

The part I’m just wondering is if this will be a 5-10% or 10%+ event.

Bonds went down stocks also went down. No place to hide.
Maybe the Fed is going crazy.

Yup. That's what the President says.

I forget. Did the President praise the Fed when stocks were up?

Last edited:
6:30AM CT. Implied open DJIA -300. Thursday Oct. 11.

You need to look long term. You are focused on the day to day, now minute-by-minute pre-market? DOW now down less than ~0.3%.

I never follow DOW anyhow - just 30 stocks? S&P a better measure, and it is just about the same right now.

Relax.

-ERD50

Back
Top Bottom