DJIA up 114 points on an October Monday?!?

Nords

Moderator Emeritus
Don't get me wrong, we're happily counting the money and staying fully invested, but this runup seems to be abandoning any fundamental values of investing prudence.

At this point I'm finding more things to sell short than to buy long, but luckily I'm doing neither.

Cut-Throat said:
Now my REIT fund is up again over 25% this year. I am going to re-balance this again into a Lexus GS350. I am taking the test drive tomorrow! - I want to thank Jarhead for selling me his shares a few years ago. :D

They are really nice CT. It's a little soft for my tastes, but you just can't beat the build quality.

I try very very hard to ignore DJIA as much as possible, but its tough. How can 30 stocks get so much hype? I saw the Dow Divisor is down to 0.1249 recently, so 114 point move takes less than 50 cent move per Dow component. I use SP500 usually, but thinkin of trying something else

Cut-Throat said:
Now my REIT fund is up again over 25% this year. I am going to re-balance this year into a Lexus GS350. I am taking the test drive tomorrow! - I want to thank Jarhead for selling me his shares a few years ago. :D
My REIT fund's return is doing quite well. I will leave it alone since it is less than 3% of our portfolio. Someday I may breakdown and drive a nice car. Meanwhile, I settle for a 2000 Chev Prism.

Why? No one knows why. But if you really need a reason . . . in 2003 it was the tax cuts kicking in. Now it is evidence that 1) the Fed is done tightening and 2) gasoline prices are headed down.

Nords said:
Don't get me wrong, we're happily counting the money and staying fully invested, but this runup seems to be abandoning any fundamental values of investing prudence.

At this point I'm finding more things to sell short than to buy long, but luckily I'm doing neither.

I'll give most of it back in the near future

rodmail said:
Why? No one knows why. But if you really need a reason . . . in 2003 it was the tax cuts kicking in. Now it is evidence that 1) the Fed is done tightening and 2) gasoline prices are headed down.
one reason why E A R N I N G S. Dow companies are making record profits.

Dow is up 13% for the year. Boy remember back in May,June,July the end of the world was comming :LOL:

Nords said:
Yeah, it feels like that to me too. But on another thread we are hearing that some Fed timing analysis that balances treasury rates and forward P/E something or another says this is a BUY period. Go figure. I am sticking to my AA and not worrying about the fall.

Back
Top Bottom