DW surprised me with an in-house term life promo

I still answer the door if anyone answers and agreed to an appointment for an estimate to perform any type of home improvement we wanted. We settled on a quote to replace the perfectly functional front door of our 15 yr old home. I knew this sort of thing would be more than we would be willing to pay but I was still shocked by the estimate of $20k! The fellow that came out could barely navigate the 6 inch thick catalog he brought and I was able to show him how to find the style we wanted. 3 yrs later they still call. They're one of the vendors I complained about in my pet peeve post that call every 6 months without leaving a message.

I use an email address given to me by my internet provider for web sites and never my real one. It has had hacking attacks from eastern Europe continually. Anythings that gets through in sent to junk or caught in Rollup.

I also run CCleaner every month to get rid of other crap. So many people want to help me! Most of these high pressure techniques are founded on the principal of timeshare sales. They need to be dealt with the same way. Because I was in sales management, I would critique the guys that came to the door (always negative), and suggest they try these new techniques on their next potential victim right away!

I got the Kirby sales pitch once. I was suckered in by the offer to clean a part of my carpet for free, which of course turned in to a 4 hour sales pitch.

Eventually when they figured out I wasn't going to buy it, we got into some interesting conversations about how they sell, who buys, etc.

IIRC they had a pretty high conversion rate. The other thing I found out is that they start at some ridiculous price ($3000?) but can easily be talked down to about $1200 or so.

The other thing they told me was that about 99% of them are financed. What surprised me is that the Kirby company didn't get any portion of the financing deal even though it was like 20% on a 4-year term. They just handed it off completely to the financing company. Maybe participating would be considered an illegal kickback or something, I dunno.

We were instructed on a number of things to lie about in order to try to convert a customer into a salesperson, it was a pyramid thing as well.

The vacuuming of a rug, will always bring up more dirt, even if you do it 5 times in a row. People usually don't know it and that is why we would use the filter trap to show how great Kirby was :facepalm:

We were instructed on a number of things to lie about in order to try to convert a customer into a salesperson, it was a pyramid thing as well.

The vacuuming of a rug, will always bring up more dirt, even if you do it 5 times in a row. People usually don't know it and that is why we would use the filter trap to show how great Kirby was :facepalm:

But in its defense I think it actually is an awesome vacuum. Just you need a 2nd job to afford it:D

I got stuck with a window salesman a couple years ago, he wouldn't leave my house. I finally picked up my cell phone and pretended to call 911 and reported an intruder. He left half his stuff behind beating it to the door. I set it outside the front door a couple days, it finally went into the garbage.

I got stuck with a window salesman a couple years ago, he wouldn't leave my house. I finally picked up my cell phone and pretended to call 911 and reported an intruder. He left half his stuff behind beating it to the door. I set it outside the front door a couple days, it finally went into the garbage.

Hahahaha, Im crying:LOL::LOL:

Back
Top Bottom