Early Retirement TOO Extreme? Jacob Fisker unRetires

This is also how I think of this message board, and it's also why I don't particularly like this message board. It's a lot better than Bogleheads, but still filled with lots of snarky, consumption-oriented Boomers. I'm more fond of the ERE forum.

Boy do you have the wrong impression . Most of the people on this board have a high net worth but are certainly not consumption oriented Boomers . We have people with multi -million net worth who drive fifteen year old cars and chop wood so they do not have to pay heating bills and people who are too thrifty to buy a book from Amazon but rather wait for it to be free in the library .To me this forum is a culmination of years of LYBM who saved their way to retirement !

This is also how I think of this message board, and it's also why I don't particularly like this message board. It's a lot better than Bogleheads, but still filled with lots of snarky, consumption-oriented Boomers. I'm more fond of the ERE forum.

And yet here you are.

jacob wrote...
Early-Retirement.org posters are mainly baby boomers who see retirement as a big long party of traveling and having fun following some, hopefully, meaningful career. Your reason for E-R is to make that party last longer.
OK, I give up. What part of the above quotes could you possibly not like?

Nords said:
OK, I give up. What part of the above quotes could you possibly not like?

The part where somebody other than him is having fun.

I got som similar snark last week from someone who put their entire retirement in BAC out of a misplaced sense of company loyalty. No early retirement extreme, or indeed any sort of ER.

Back
Top Bottom