eight figure club

Good job!

Congratulations on your milestone, and props for maintaining the LBYM attitude which will allow you to stay in that lofty neighborhood. Learn from the bad examples of celebrities and lottery winners who burn through similar fortunes.

I hope I never get there, because it would mean I w*rked way too long!

Excess is in the eye of the beholder. Is a Louis XIII bottle wasted excess, or does one need to go to the level of 1 bottle/month? :cool:

Signed someone who has not bought even one.

Yeah, if I was at the 3 % rule, It would have been a bottle of XO or VSOP. And I would sip it slowly , lol.

I guess if I hadn't spent all my money along the way, I could have joined you today.

If it looked like I was was headed to eight figures, I'd ramp up the spending way before I got there. No need to pass on that kind of money to my kiddos.

If I put everything into Amazon just a few years ago, I would be there today.

But the sad fact is that I have never owned any share of AMZN. Same with AAPL, or FB, or NFLX.

Well that is an accomplishment. You don't get where you are at by accident it takes a lot of hard work and being disciplined.

You know, there's no rule that says you can put only two zeroes after the decimal point. Use as many as you like.

Wow. Big milestone!

8 figures is far past what I deem "enough" so I will likely never get there but I can appreciate what it must have taken to get there thru work, LBYM and investing.

Most 8 figure folks get there the old fashioned way -- they inherit it!

I will never get there but am happy for you. I'm knocking on $2M right now and each milestone has been exciting. For myself, I'm just grateful every day and the choices and opportunities that being in either club provides. Great job!

Nice club to join... Like groucho marx - they wouldn't allow me into a club that nice. LOL.

Are you spending $400k/yr? If not, have you made plans for where you want the $ to go when you're gone?

A bunch of my Firecalc predictions put me in the 8 figure club sometime in my 70's or 80's. An equal number of them have me approaching the zero line. I have no idea how to spend 8 figures. Charities would be the big winners, I suppose.

Yeah, if I was at the 3 % rule, It would have been a bottle of XO or VSOP. And I would sip it slowly , lol.

I just looked at Quicken to see my expenses YTD. It's only 2.1% so far of the current portfolio balance. No big expenses this year, houses in good shape, daughter already married, no medical bills, etc...

But the year still has 4 months left. So I look at expenses in the last 12 months. It's 2.7%. There is enough margin left till that 3% WR for a few Louis XIII bottles. :) And the market god has been generous this year.

But I can't do it. A bottle of Louis XIII costs more than a case of XO. And what if I buy it, and cannot taste the difference (arghh I have been duped). Plus, my wife would have a heart attack.

Perhaps I will wait till I draw SS. :)

If I put everything into Amazon just a few years ago, I would be there today.

But the sad fact is that I have never owned any share of AMZN. Same with AAPL, or FB, or NFLX.

Funny thing is that some on the board were really down on NFLX when they broke the streaming from the discs... said it was going downhill.... guess that was wrong...

Back
Top Bottom