ER Humor for the day

pompanobeach

Recycles dryer sheets
IMG_0359.jpg

ROFL .....

in my case the advisor was female and worked for a BIG bank

it seems $500,000 ( plus ) cash , wasn't worth a lot of time in planning ( commission-wise ) ... so the money walked out ( the door )

ROFL .....

it seems $500,000 ( plus ) cash , wasn't worth a lot of time in planning ( commission-wise ) ... so the money walked out ( the door )

Good for you!

i probably should have aspired to DYI in the first place having always been the black sheep/maverick in the family .

meanwhile karma ( a Royal Commission ) has noticed that bank and warmed up the electron microscope .

the core recommendation was to buy a share pack ( a collection of 6 stocks .. i suppose no one will guess wrongly on which bank was heavily weighted in the suggested portfolio )

Last edited:
i probably should have aspired to DYI in the first place having always been the black sheep/maverick in the family .

meanwhile karma ( a Royal Commission ) has noticed that bank and warmed up the electron microscope .

the core recommendation was to buy a share pack ( a collection of 6 stocks .. i suppose no one will guess wrongly on which bank was heavily weighted in the suggested portfolio )

Oz. Yes. I agree. They always ensure that their products are invested in first. I’ve been DIY and feel that I get it done better than they would! My brother depends on a FIn. Advisor and I’ve done much better than he has in my portfolios.

i won't guarantee i do better than the FA but i don't need an appointment to rant'n'rave at the maker of bad decisions either

LOL

ROFL .....

Three years ago my sister-in-law passed away. She left us all of her estate. Her 401{k} was just a bit over $800k.

Now we have lived as frugal as we could and we invested the best that we could, and our Net Worth [minus my pension] was about half of that. So we looked at it and thought OMG that is the largest chunk of cash we have ever looked at.

We met with a variety of advisors in this area, and we did not get as much as a ho-hum from any of them. Just far too small for any of them to get excited about it.

We bought an apartment complex that needed remodeling. It will soon be finished and it should provide us a bit over 10% return annually.

ROFL .....

Good for you!

Oz. Yes. I agree. They always ensure that their products are invested in first. I’ve been DIY and feel that I get it done better than they would! My brother depends on a FIn. Advisor and I’ve done much better than he has in my portfolios.

i won't guarantee i do better than the FA but i don't need an appointment to rant'n'rave at the maker of bad decisions either

LOL

[emoji106]

Three years ago my sister-in-law passed away. She left us all of her estate. Her 401{k} was just a bit over $800k.

Now we have lived as frugal as we could and we invested the best that we could, and our Net Worth [minus my pension] was about half of that. So we looked at it and thought OMG that is the largest chunk of cash we have ever looked at.

We met with a variety of advisors in this area, and we did not get as much as a ho-hum from any of them. Just far too small for any of them to get excited about it.

We bought an apartment complex that needed remodeling. It will soon be finished and it should provide us a bit over 10% return annually.

This is a joke thread. Why are these posts here?

:LOL:

Last edited:
This is a joke thread. Why are these posts here?

:LOL:

in my case the joke was sad to say also the truth

could your imagine the hoped for outcome ( at a yearly management fee + commission ) was invest ( about 50% of the cash ) in us ( but 100% of the total ) via our platform .

and this was a multi-year award winner for customer service just to rub in extra salt

so yes the cartoon was funny ( and possibly the truth exaggerated )

in my case the truth so sad you have to laugh

Back
Top Bottom