Macrium Reflect Not Playing Nice

easysurfer

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
This post is more for humor than asking for help.

I use Macrium Reflect for my backups. Usually, it works flawlessly on schedule each night. Today after I got up, the backup was still running. I ended up deleting my backup set and starting from scratch making a new backup set as the consolidation of backups process of the program eventually gets a bottleneck if not deleting.

So, my current backup from scratch shows a finish time in 1050 hours! That's over 40 days :LOL:.

Attachments

• macrium time remaining.jpg
    macrium time remaining.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 7
Do you back up to a portable drive?

To an internal HDD.

Think I'm going to have a new plan though. I need to migrate some data off as the excess data is killing my backup times.

The good is that these days HDDs are a dime a dozen.

I suggest that you move it off the computer completely, or it is not a true backup.
There are several levels of data security.
The first one is physical security. Right now all your eggs are still in one basket.
A burglar, house fire, or electrical event can take it all out.

I used to do a lot more with linux and had a file server with several drives in it, when GB was expensive per unit.
I came home one day to an awful smell. The power supply had gone rogue and sent high voltages through every board and circuit. Everything was lost.
I have something like this SATA dock.
https://www.amazon.com/Sabrent-External-Duplicator-Function-EC-HD2B/dp/B0759567JT/ref=asc_df_B0759567JT/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=309743296044&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=10048277219795418976&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9051901&hvtargid=pla-564037935583&mcid=c96060ec54383395a365a2af83d150c8&gclid=Cj0KCQiA4NWrBhD-ARIsAFCKwWsKwoD1ghO6ccX4nNV_CsQ73rpONa5PMzvnaAID5TERk4E8l264ZKwaApRzEALw_wcB&th=1
I take a drive off site. I really only care about the photos and I'd rather have a physical copy, rather than relying on the cloud for everything.

If you are using the free version of Macrium Reflect, it was retired about a year ago and will no longer be updated or supported. You might want to switch to a different software.

If you are using the free version of Macrium Reflect, it was retired about a year ago and will no longer be updated or supported. You might want to switch to a different software.

Are you sure? I am using it with zero issues and my last update was last week.

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    234.1 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
I'm using a purchased version of Macrium Reflect 6. I know that's a few releases back but still works fine for me. Not about to fork over the extra dollars for upgrades to newer versions. Version 6 still meets my needs.

I'm a bit puzzled about the security updates. Is that more a scare tactic to get one to upgrade? As, isn't security the job of the anti-virus and anti-malware software and not the imaging program?

Back
Top Bottom