ER with no income? This guy is doing it!

zinger1457

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
This guy has figured out a way to retire early with little or no income. A bit extreme to put it mildly.

Utah Caveman Quits Money - ABC News

Not only does he not have debt, a mortgage or rent, he does not earn a salary. Nor does he buy food or clothes, or own any product with a lower case "i" before it. Home is a cave on public land outside Moab, Utah. He scavenges for food from the garbage or off the land (fried grasshoppers, anyone?). He has been known to carve up and boil fresh road kill. He bathes, without soap, in the creek.

He eats the cave man diet.

He eats the cave man diet.
I love the ad leading into this, some beautiful, exquisitely dressed young woman with a closet bigger than my bedroom. :)

She looks happy, but so does cave-guy. I hope some hippie chicks drop by to give this deserving paleo-dude a little socializing from time to time.

Ha

Even Jacob would be jealous hehehehehe....

I hope some hippie chicks drop by to give this deserving paleo-dude a little socializing from time to time.

Ha
Yeah, it does look like a pretty austere life. Pretty much the same as many of the homeless in cities around the world. If he was suffering depression before and is content now, all the more power to him.

Last edited:
I hope some hippie chicks drop by to give this deserving paleo-dude a little socializing from time to time.

Ha
Well, as he eschews bartering I do not think "mutual satisfaction" is on the table. Maybe, some other "under the table" activity would be acceptable?

Many years ago we explored the caves just outside Moab Utah. Beautiful! I can see how that would appeal to a young, free-spirited type (namely, me at that time - pre-children).

But, really, there has to be a place that is mine - after the party - where I can feel safe and stable. Being homeless would be very anxiety-provoking.
I relish having a humble abode that I know is mine. That is, no park ranger or other cave-dweller can run me off.

Besides, there is nothing like a warm shower and nice fire at the end of the day!

To some extent, he's just a homeless man with good PR.

What's it say when a caveman has his own website?

I see him in a GEICO ad in the future...
TJ

yeah ... wait 'till he has a tooth ache or needs medical attention .... then we'll see who's "burden" he becomes.

Exactly. I have a feeling we'll be paying more than a couple bucks a week for him sometime in the future.
Remember, most hobo's stories did not end very well in the long run.

It's interesting that he approached this from a religious perspective.

Back
Top Bottom