Facts and figures

spender400

Dryer sheet wannabe
Hi

Financial summary below for those who are good at number crunching.

I'm 47 with 3 kids, 2 live away with ex and 1 at home aged 5. I'm based in the UK so all figures in local currency:

House is owned outright - value 475k
Pension - Sipp (similar to 401k can't access 'til 55) = 410k
Shares and cash - 126k
Small house in Spain owned outright - 60k
Condo in Europe owned outright - 25k
My own company has cash reserves of 160k tax paid which I can withdraw steadily within certain tax limits.

No loans or credit. 2 cars owned outright.

From my age 50 I get a pension of 12k COLA
From my age 60 DW gets a pension of 6k COLA
From my age 67 I get a SS pension of 8.5k COLA
From my age 77 DW gets a SS pension of 8.5k COLA

Measured spending over last 18 months comes out at 37k annual spend inc payments for my 2 absent children.

Plan is to give up work soon and draw down cash stored in my company until age 55, then use the 401k/SIPP which will remain untouched & growing in a 60:40 vanguard fund for the next 8 years when I turn 55.

In the UK healthcare is provided by the state as a result of taxes paid so won't be a financial concern.

I wonder if this puts me 'ready to go', 'short by 'x'' or 'dream on space cowboy'.

All thoughts welcome.

Thanks

Welcome spender400.
Have you tried to put your numbers in the Firecalc retirement calculator supported by this site?
Does your annual spend include a budget for large ticket items such a new car and new roof down the road?

Hi Dtail, Firecalc looks good for my figures based on how I entered them and there's a bit spare for cars etc

Hi Dtail, Firecalc looks good for my figures based on how I entered them and there's a bit spare for cars etc

Sounds good to me. I assume the 2 children away from home costs is a child support type of costs, which would go away eventually.

Have you thought about what you are retiring to, since you are on the youngish side even for this site?

Yes that's correct around 4.5k per year drops away in 5 years when child support finishes. For my own plans I'd like to indulge my interests more with time and spend school hols in my house in Spain where life is a bit more relaxed and climate is better.

I wonder if I could coax a few more opinions as I'm 50:50 on whether I'm FI or not?

Back
Top Bottom