Fidelity Replacement Cards with Elan

The 26th is when accounts are transferred. So there are still a couple of days.

no points shown yet

Me neither. Sorry folks, my earlier post was in error. I mistook the balance on the new card as rewards points. :( (The new card balance was surprisingly close to what the rewards balance transfer will be from the old card.)

I just checked this morning and my rewards total now reflects the combination of both the old and the new card so they must be updating some before the deadline.

wow , i just noticed if you choose a gift card , a 25.00 amazon card is 5000 points with the new cards .

it used to be 3500 which was still high compared to the 2500 at chase for the same card and chase is 1.50% back so the 2% at fidelity almost offset it but no more .

i like the gift cards because when we put the money in our account we never do anything special with it , it just goes in the mix . the gift cards forced us to do things and go places we wouldn't have typically done .

so we had a lot more fun with the gift cards . but not at 2x the redemption , 5000 points for a 25 buck card is crazy . .

Last edited:
wow , i just noticed if you choose a gift card , a 25.00 amazon card is 5000 points with the new cards .

it used to be 3700 which was still high compared to the 2500 at chase for the same card and chase is 1.50% back so the 2% at fidelity almost offset it but no more .

i like the gift cards because when we put the money in our account we never do anything special with it , it just goes in the mix . the gift cards forced us to do things and go places we wouldn't have typically done .

so we had a lot more fun with the gift cards . but not at 2x the redemption , 5000 points for a 25 buck card is crazy . .
I never bought cards so I didn't pay too much attention to it, but I thought you only got the 2% if the funds went into a Fidelity account? If not it went down to 1% or 1.5% Has that changed?

with the amex card a 25 dollar gift card was 3500 points , it is now 5000

me too ,old points show

Same here. Reward balance on the FIA AMEX has now transferred to the Elan VISA. Reward point balance shown is exactly 2X the sum of month-to-date spend on the new Elan card plus last month's unpaid statement balance on the AMEX.

Still no transfer of the unpaid balance itself and no historical transactions, but I'm sure that will happen in the next day or two.

I'm seeing historical transactions for the old card now combined with the new one. The ones from the old card have a + next to them.

The balance looks right. A recent payment I made on the old card is missing, but the balance reflects that payment, so it's a little odd.

I have more points showing than I recorded for the old card last statement. So Elan is already calculating points on current transactions? That part isn't clear yet.

I have more points showing than I recorded for the old card last statement. So Elan is already calculating points on current transactions? That part isn't clear yet.

It appears to me that they are. But then I was wrong before so don't take that as gospel. :)

I'm seeing historical transactions for the old card now combined with the new one. The ones from the old card have a + next to them.

The balance looks right. A recent payment I made on the old card is missing, but the balance reflects that payment, so it's a little odd...

Ditto. Historical transactions have been transferred over, but only back to December of 2015. I see no history prior to that. Shouldn't be a problem since all the history is still in Full View. I hope Full View is smart enough not to duplicate historical transactions after I add the new Elan cards.

The + you mentioned next to the historical transactions is clickable to open up additional details. Strangely, no such detail is available on the new transactions. ?

My unpaid balance has also been transferred over. It's showing the correct statement balance although the due date got pushed out a few days from 8/2 to 8/5. I can't see the statement itself however. I guess that's because FIA mailed it to me before the changeover.

...I have more points showing than I recorded for the old card last statement. So Elan is already calculating points on current transactions? That part isn't clear yet.

Yes. For me, the point balance shown on the reward tab includes carryover from FIA plus month-to-date spending on the new Elan card. However, as expected, when I click 'next', only the FIA carryover balance is redeemable. And mine is set to automatically send cash to my Fidelity CMA, which I think does not occur until I pay the balance.

I also noticed that Fidelity's credit card tab for the Elan card now shows all the reward redemption history as well.

Everything appears to be in proper order from what I can see.

FIA card services mailed me the last two statements, so I have hard copy even though the online view is gone.

Yes. Would have been nice to have online access to historical statements as well. Looks like that's not going to happen.

so i accidentally deleted from full view one of the elan cards while deleting all the fia cards from it .

i added them back in and now they show in the full view summary screen as added and up to date , the visible box and include in net worth are checked but both cards no longer appear in the full view net worth screen .

i just wrote fidelity .

so i accidentally deleted from full view one of the elan cards while deleting all the fia cards from it .

i added them back in and now they show in the full view summary screen as added and up to date , the visible box and include in net worth are checked but both cards no longer appear in the full view net worth screen .

i just wrote fidelity .

I didn't have to delete the FIA cards from Full View. They disappeared automatically, but the system retained all posted historical transactions, which is good as long as it doesn't create duplicate records when the Elan cards are added.

However, I'm also having trouble adding my 2 Elan cards to Full View.

I enrolled at Elan Cardmember Services, so I now have login credentials and security questions which enable direct login at either www.fidelityrewards.com or www.myaccountaccess.com. Once logged in, both sites are identical except for the Fidelity branding on the former.

Back to Full View, clicked to add an account, and entered "Elan." Nothing. There is no drop-down choice for Elan Cardmember Services nor Fidelity Rewards. However, there is a choice called "Comerica Credit Cards (Elan)." I clicked and sure enough it links to www.myaccountaccess.com. So I put in my credentials, including answering a security question, and everything went fine. Back to the Full View dashboard and the correct reward balance is shown for one card, but the cards themselves are not there at all.

Called Fidelity and got a rep who was quite knowledgeable about Full View. After describing the issue, she put me on hold for about 5 minutes. She located an internal email from earlier in the day explaining a known issue with the link between Elan and Full View. The issue is being worked as part of the transition. They were advised to tell customers to try again in a few days.

just got a message back they removed elan from full view . they have to address some issues they are having

i see this morning other cards will not update either .

Anyone have any idea what will happen to a refund credited to the AMEX card after the switchover date? I assume they would have to support it and pass it over to the new card, but I've never had a card force switched from one bank to another either.

Mine got switched over. DH and I had a huge credit from IcelandAir (had to cancel next month's trip, unfortunately) and it had been on the Fidelity Amex. It's now on the Fidelity Visa account and the Amex no longer appears in our accounts.

anyone get the elan cards to show up in the net worth screen of full view yet ?

just got an update from fidelity on it

Thank you for choosing Fidelity for your investing needs!

This message is a follow up to an issue that you reported with the Full View tool on Fidelity.com. You reported that your Fidelity credit card account through Elan was no longer updating in Full View. We escalated this to our Full View development team for investigation.

Our developers have notified us that currently Fidelity credit card accounts through Elan cannot be added to the Full View tool on Fidelity.com for automatic download of your account information. This inability is a result of the transition of the credit card accounts from FIA Card Services to Elan.

We are working with Elan on a resolution or alternative that will allow for the automatic download of your credit card account information into Full View. While this is a priority issue, we do not yet have a date for when a resolution will be reached.

In the interim, you do have the ability to add this account to Full View as a manual account. This will involve the manual editing of balance information, as well as transaction information if the transaction data is important to you.

This will result in the account being included in your Net Worth statement in Full View. This is a potential workaround for you while we are working with Elan on a more optimal solution.

coincidentally elan appeared today in full view's net worth screen

coincidentally elan appeared today in full view's net worth screen

Still no Elan in Full View for me. When I click to 'Add an Account', then type 'Elan', there is no relevant selection available.

I spoke to a Fidelity rep last night who said this was a high priority but still no ETA on a fix.

Perhaps yours is working because you had it set up before the transition. (?) For me there's simply no option to add Elan at this point.

it is there but it isn't listed as elan . you have to type in comerica . it will say elan next to it . that is it!

they should change the indexing so typing elan brings it up . it reads comerica (elan) as of now . i guess they may be tied in to comerica which is a financial company . i found it by accident searching for something else .

Last edited:
it is there but it isn't listed as elan . you have to type in comerica . it will say elan next to it . that is it!

they should change the indexing so typing elan brings it up . it reads comerica (elan) as of now . i guess they may be tied in to comerica which is a financial company . i found it by accident searching for something else .

Nope, not for me. I just confirmed the "Comerica Credit Cards (Elan)" option is no longer there. I searched using both 'Elan' and 'Comerica'. Before the transition, it was there, but it didn't work correctly with the new Elan accounts. It's now been removed until they can fix the interface.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom