Fidelity site down

Running_Man

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Interesting that on a day with very large drops in internet sites Fidelity has now been down for over 2 hours and almost impossible to get into to perform any trades, whether one wanted to utilize this occasion to buy or sell. This could be a preview of what could happen on very chaotic days and speaks to the advantage of holding multiple accounts to hold accounts at.

I'm able to log on. No problem.

Interesting. Had trouble getting on Vanguards website for a little while this morning -getting a weird error message about a server issue then it cleared up. Maybe our "friends" are pocking...

Both vanguard and fidelity were down. The russians are at it again...all of our money will be borrowed soon. w00t

I had trouble and found this website Fidelity.com - Is Fidelity Down Right Now?
lots of comments and status report on the site tech issue.

All they do is ping fidelity. While a successful ping tells you TCP is active that's all it tells you. Doesn't mean the application is responding.

Interesting. Had trouble getting on Vanguards website for a little while this morning -getting a weird error message about a server issue then it cleared up. Maybe our "friends" are pocking...

Those institutions get DDOS attacks 24x7x365 thousands per second. That's just normal business.

I couldn't log on just now with my usual log on window, I had to find an alternate search and use that window, but got in that way.

I signed into Fidelity just now and moved around in its website just fine.

I was in there earlier this morning and sold some stock with no problems. Confirmation said the transaction was at 10:19 so I guess I just made it before the problems.

Darn. Ominous. I have often wondered whether to maintain separate Fidelity and VG accounts just n case one or the other is down for an extended period. It looks like the more likely problem will be both of them down due to bad guys. In the worst case scenario we won't be able to get into ER.org to find out what is happening either.

I think calling in to place a trade was available at no extra charge.

When the market is going crazy most online trading access gets bogged down.

Darn. Ominous. I have often wondered whether to maintain separate Fidelity and VG accounts just n case one or the other is down for an extended period. It looks like the more likely problem will be both of them down due to bad guys. In the worst case scenario we won't be able to get into ER.org to find out what is happening either.

you should always have two different places . an attempt at fraud got our fidelity account closed tight for 10 days as new accounts were set up , money moved , checks and cards printed .

Maybe it is just high call volume as folks sell all their funds and stocks in order to buy bitcoin?

you should always have two different places . an attempt at fraud got our fidelity account closed tight for 10 days as new accounts were set up , money moved , checks and cards printed .
+1
Remember after 911, market was closed for a week? Best to have cash in the bank.

I had cash in Bank of America, but they made a mistake and locked my account for 3 weeks. No withdrawals, checks bounced, bill pay bounced, direct deposited paychecks went in but never came out. So cash in the bank is not sufficient.

I had cash in Bank of America, but they made a mistake and locked my account for 3 weeks. No withdrawals, checks bounced, bill pay bounced, direct deposited paychecks went in but never came out. So cash in the bank is not sufficient.
That's true to.

My Fidelity brokerage account was the target of a TOD when DF passed. State of PA. was kind enough to lock if from my access until they got their inheritance tax. Only took about 6 months.

I think calling in to place a trade was available at no extra charge.

When the market is going crazy most online trading access gets bogged down.

This. ⬆️

I'll worry if they won't pick up the phone but I'm not sure if anyone tried that.

Back
Top Bottom