FIDO dropping costs again

Sorry we're not talking about the same thing in regard to rounding. The fee that should be passed on is about .002 cents. The fact they charge $75 is a business decision on the part of the fund company.

At one time the fee made sense. After certain technology was developed, it is a ripoff(think I'm repeating myself).

Vanguard clearly wants you to buy their funds directly.

Vanguard clearly wants you to buy their funds directly.

I buy ETF’s rather than funds so wasn’t aware of this. The VG ETF’s cost $4.95 to buy. That’s the rounding error I was referring to.

...Best of both worlds is VG funds or ETF’s within a Fido account. All the perks of Fido’s superior service with the lower costs/marginally better performance of VG products.

High transaction fees messes that up.

In fairness, Scuba said "VG funds or ETFs." Your statement is only true for mutual funds.

We own Vanguard and iShares ETFs at Fidelity. Best of both worlds, as Scuba said. They are all ultra-low ER index funds. I make 2-3 trades per year on average, usually for some combination of rebalancing, tax loss harvesting, and HSA contribution. iShares ETFs trade for free, while Vanguard is $4.95. So my average annual commission cost is about the same as a cup of coffee at Starbucks. Very small price for access to the excellent tools and service that Fidelity offers.

Back
Top Bottom