"For All The Mothers In Your Life"

brewer12345

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
This is from an e-mail I got from Pen Fed, of all places. I swear I am not making this up.

"Here's your chance to make Mother's Day that much more special for your mom, mother-in-law, or your wife. Whether she's been dreaming of a cruise, a new car, or even some home improvements, treat the mothers in your life to the gift you've always wanted to give!

How can you afford such extravagance? Apply online right now for a Pentagon Federal Credit Union Home Equity Loan. Whether your gift costs $10,000 or sets you back as much as $400,000, a low-rate Pentagon Federal Equity Loan can help you make this the best Mother's Day she's ever had!"

Yeah, I can think of a few "mothers" in my life I would like to give something to. But a couple of rounds of buckshot would require me to take out a home equity line.

Anyone not willing to drop at least $10k on their mother for Mother's Day clearly does not love their mother.

A cruise? DW, BIL & I just returned from taking Mom & MIL on a cruise. Mom is 86 and uses a walker, MIL is 80 and mobile but not firing on all cylinders. What was I thinking? I paid money I didn't want to spend to go on a crusise I didn't want to go on and be with someone I don't want to be with (MIL) so my 86 yr old Mom could have the only cruise of her lifetime. I would have paid $10K not to go except my Mom had a wonderful time, sort of the whole point. Very frustrating for DW & I to be taking them on bus tours when we would rather be off on adventure activities.

But if I had to borrow the money to do this, just shoot me.

:eek:

Our moms are getting phone calls and cards, and they seem *quite* happy...the one year I got mom flowers she said we "shouldn't make a fuss". Then again, we're both the LBYM kids of LBYMs...

Got a chuckle out of that. Take out a loan to buy someone a gift..

Holy crap on a cracker!

Reminds me of when I was in a bank that offered a low interest heloc. Each debt that the guy would suggest, I'd shake my head and say "no don't have that." Finally he got so desperate he went for the "vacation that we always dreamed of." To which I replied, "well, that would be nice, but I'm not putting up my freakin' house for it!"

I haven't heard from him since then. :D

Please oh god please don't forward this thread to my wife!!!! ;) :D

Uhhh, so when is Mother's day? I hope its not this weekend. :-[

Every mother with a child under 19 should get $1000 from the government on Mothers" Day. It should go directly to her, for whatever purpose she wishes to put it. These payments should be funded by a gasoline tax.

There, my political contribution for the day.

Ha

HaHa said:
Every mother with a child under 19 should get $1000 from the government on Mothers" Day. It should go directly to her, for whatever purpose she wishes to put it. These payments should be funded by a gasoline tax.

There, my political contribution for the day.

Ha

Bah only a 1000. Should make it 2000 and only registered Democrats pay it :LOL:

Mwsinron said:
Bah only a 1000. Should make it 2000 and only registered Democrats pay it :LOL:

I'd vote (republican) for that proposal! :D

chris2008 said:
My mother would beat me up black and blue if she'd learn that I took a loan to buy her a gift.

Gosh you've got that right, mine would too!!!

Back
Top Bottom